Wideband 02 sensor???

Bumblebee03

Established Member
I purchased an Innovate XD-16 Wideband gauge about 2 years ago. Well I just recently installed it. I think the o2 sensor is bad(damaged from being dropped). The gauge bounces from 14.7 all the way to 30 at idle. I looked at my stock catback and the connector for the o2 sensor was different than the one that came with the gauge. So is there a specific sensor I have to buy or do I have to splice their connector to just any o2 sensor?

ESVEETEE

Established Member
It does not replace your current O2 sensors. You are supposed to have an extra bung welded in the proper location.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I was told once that at idle or slow driving the A/F ratio jumps around like that but actually averages out to what it is supposed to be. Something like that anyways. The only time that the number really matters is at WOT. Mine goes up and down a lot except for WOT. So when you punch it, does it still bounce around or stay at a fairly steady rate?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
WOT is the only time your wideband should really be looked at. when driving, the readings will be all over the place during tip in

Bumblebee03

Established Member
It does not replace your current O2 sensors. You are supposed to have an extra bung welded in the proper location.

I do have a separate bung welded in. I was looking at the stock mid pipe off of my 03 Cobra at those o2 sensors.

At WOT it stays constant and reads where it should. So I should not be worried at all if it reads 17-20 while cruising down the road(not WOT)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread