Widebody kit

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Some of you are so caught up in not being like a ricer it's rediculous. Buying big ass non-functional wings, wide body kits and roof scoops for the street is ricer.

Buying big wings that provide needed downforce when going 150 mph+ or widebody kits to cover the massive tires needed for traction in order to be faster around a track is NOT ricer. Just remember where ricers got the idea for their car parts, race cars.

Since this guy has already said he NEEDS the wide body kit for his car which he is RACING I'm pretty sure he isn't a ricer.

And since we all don't own terminators we can't help someone who does? Maybe some of us are a bit jealous. Since his car IS in fact an SN95, maybe he thought this was the forum where he belonged.

And for the guy who thinks you can't fit a 9.5" up front. '00 R wheels are 9.5" wide and they fit no problem. Also, one of the major suspension manufacturers race cars (can't remember which one) runs either a 10" or 11" wheel up front.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
And for the guy who thinks you can't fit a 9.5" up front. '00 R wheels are 9.5" wide and they fit no problem.
That's what I was thinking. I know mine fit fine on my old 96 and from what I've heard/read the 99-04s have more clearance in the wheel wells.

:lol: @ the rest of this thread though.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Man, you guys are harsh... maybe using the word "bodykit" wasnt the best choice.
As far as fitment of wheels for autocross, I might not know everything on fitments, but these are the combos that I won E Street Prepared with.

On my fox body I ran 16x10's on all four corners with 265/45-16's, people said it couldnt be done back 10 years ago, but it did.

On my SN95, I ran 17x10's on all four corners with 275/40-17's, there was also another SN95 that ran 17x11's on all four corners with 315/35-17's.

If you have the money to spend for custom wheels with built to order backspacing/offset, it can be done without modifing the body. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
i had problems running my 17x9's in the front because they were rubbing on my coil-overs, 1/4 spacer fixed it nicely. you can make everything fit with a hammer :coolman:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Some of you are so caught up in not being like a ricer it's rediculous. Buying big ass non-functional wings, wide body kits and roof scoops for the street is ricer.

Buying big wings that provide needed downforce when going 150 mph+ or widebody kits to cover the massive tires needed for traction in order to be faster around a track is NOT ricer. Just remember where ricers got the idea for their car parts, race cars.

Since this guy has already said he NEEDS the wide body kit for his car which he is RACING I'm pretty sure he isn't a ricer.

And since we all don't own terminators we can't help someone who does? Maybe some of us are a bit jealous. Since his car IS in fact an SN95, maybe he thought this was the forum where he belonged.

And for the guy who thinks you can't fit a 9.5" up front. '00 R wheels are 9.5" wide and they fit no problem. Also, one of the major suspension manufacturers race cars (can't remember which one) runs either a 10" or 11" wheel up front.
I agree with everything said here. Also the car you are talking was probably the grigs car(i know they run a 10).

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Shangsta said:
I agree with everything said here. Also the car you are talking was probably the grigs car(i know they run a 10).

Is the Griggs car a Fox? I remember reading about either Griggs or MM in one of the mustang mags and it had big ass wheels up front.

A 10" wheel on the front of the narrow fox wheel well is impressive. I'm pretty sure the largest you can go with stock suspension is 8" (that is without rubbing while turning).

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Wow... that's all I'll say. Interesting place to decide to finally check out this thread. A lot of people suprise me with their comments.... unfortunate.

CY98Cobra said:
Is the Griggs car a Fox? I remember reading about either Griggs or MM in one of the mustang mags and it had big ass wheels up front.

A 10" wheel on the front of the narrow fox wheel well is impressive. I'm pretty sure the largest you can go with stock suspension is 8" (that is without rubbing while turning).

The latest MM&FF has a feature on a 98 Cobra actually... Grigg's suspension, Tiger Racing fender skins and 11 inch wide wheels on all 4 corners.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Tabres said:
The latest MM&FF has a feature on a 98 Cobra actually... Grigg's suspension, Tiger Racing fender skins and 11 inch wide wheels on all 4 corners.

I have that month and remember reading the article but I didn't realize it wore 11" rims all the way around. That is one badass car though. It's just too bad he ditched the 4v.

chknhwk

CobraSVT657 said:
Man, you guys are harsh... maybe using the word "bodykit" wasnt the best choice.
As far as fitment of wheels for autocross, I might not know everything on fitments, but these are the combos that I won E Street Prepared with.

On my SN95, I ran 17x10's on all four corners with 275/40-17's, there was also another SN95 that ran 17x11's on all four corners with 315/35-17's.

If you have the money to spend for custom wheels with built to order backspacing/offset, it can be done without modifing the body. :thumbsup:
Remember your specs? I found a set of really nice 17x10's that I'd love to put on my 98 for track tires.

chknhwk

CY98Cobra said:
Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread