wider rim/tire size possibilities figured out yet?

reason4treason

Established Member
As the fortunate few are receiving their cars and many others are on deck, has anybody worked out what the width limits are on wider rims/tires for the '13 GT500, both rear (especially) and front? Does it seem to be exactly the same as the '12s?

I'll probably go that route (cosmetic) rather than just putting drag radials on the stock wheels. Anybody else planning on going for wider?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ill go wider with new wheels. Im thinking 295 (maybe 305) rear, 265 ( 275 maybe)fronts maybe on new wheels. seen some very nice black glass wheels that I like. Stock 285/255 respectively is the size. Ill wait for guys to do testing before I pull the trigger. But first I need my car!!!!! :cuss:

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
^yeh, it's a bit like being stuck in a traffic jam, but at least the front of the line is moving.

I was thinking more like 325s on the rear.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run a 315/275 combo...woks well for me. I think anything bigger than a 315 might be issues. Also I do have a 20x11 on the back.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I run a 315/275 combo...woks well for me. I think anything bigger than a 315 might be issues. Also I do have a 20x11 on the back.

i was looking at type of combo maybe, what offsets you use? im guessing they will be the same on this car because the overall chasis and everything else is unchanged

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
i was looking at type of combo maybe, what offsets you use? im guessing they will be the same on this car because the overall chasis and everything else is unchanged

Yep. I have to go look up the offset again.

Users who are viewing this thread