Wierd happening with my Mach today..

Adam03GT

Established Member
First, details about the Mach.

03, 35k miles, all stock accept for an offroad X, mac catback

Anyways, was on the highway today. Going down the offramp my music suddenly stops playing, AC turns off. I try to steer and its locked up.....

Im freaking out, notice i dont hear my exhaust so i go to crank it back up to regain my steering. It started right back up.

This is the first time this has happend and have had no problems prior.
Went to Advance auto and ran a full battery test and it was fine for everything.

Any ideas? It may never happen again but i dont want it to lock up going 80mph on the highway.....

Adam03GT

Established Member
I actualy have a friend who is a Ford tech read my codes with the shop computer.

Its throwing codes related to my EGR (it is working, just clogged) and its throwing fuel evap codes.

THese codes have been on for about a year and shouldnt be affecting anything.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
did your wheel lock??? or just lost power steering???

I know my mach has just died before but usually its if i was just on the throttle hard and then let push the clutch in and coast. There is something about this happening somewhere on here or m1r but cant remember what they said it was.......

BM1

Established Member
That stalling issue while coasting in neutral is usually caused by removing the MAF screen. It's turbulence around the MAF that does it.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
That stalling issue while coasting in neutral is usually caused by removing the MAF screen. It's turbulence around the MAF that does it.

+1 If your MAF screen is out, while going from a good rpm straight to clutch in and idle while still traveling fast can stall the car. Its like flooring it and then going straight to neutral= not good, the computer stops the engine from getting hurt because you just changed the load DRAMATICALLY and the comp cant handle it that fast. Its happened to me as well, easiest thing to do is to put the MAF screen in, or just slow down in the gear using ur brake pedal until about 1,000rpm, or just down shift.

boltonmach1

Established Member
Well considering your music stopped that probably means battery/or electrical. Not quite sure though. You'de still be able to steer just not power steering.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Could be alternator. Had one on a '94 do this to me at night. Would die every time I pushed the clutch in, but as soon as I let it back out in gear it would come back to life. Kinda like what happens when you push start a manual with no starter. My headlights and radio would turn off, but as soon as I would finish the shift it would jump back to life. Scared the hell outta me cuz it was night and I was on a country road with no light. Changed alternator and never happened again.

Users who are viewing this thread