Wife driving the Cobra.

frankin

Established Member
My daily driver truck is in repair and I have to drive so far to work, so I let the wife drive the Cobra, because she only drives a few miles to work. She knows how to drive a standard, however has trouble with the clutch on this car. I only took her out driving it a few times. I had not heard from her all day and when she called I asked her how it went. She said fine, except she didn't use the last two gears. Thank God! She didn't have to go on the highway. The revs must have been high. She was afraid to go into reverse and I explained about the lockout. I can't wait till my truck is fixed! Do any of you let your wife drive your car?

Last edited:

Stang849

Established Member
My wife drives mine every once in a while. She complains about the clutch also, but likes that it gets her to work faster than her jeep.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
only when it needs the oil changed :banana: . She gets a break on oil change price, and since I have no where to dump oil, let her take it. I know what you mean about the clutch thing. I had to show her how to shift into reverse. No big deal.

98slowbra

Established Member
My wife drove my 98 cobra only twice so far, the first car she learned on was a manual. When she drove my car she hated the cluch so much she refuses to drive it. I will not let my wife let me drive my cobra unless it is really nessesary for her to.

Squeeler92

nckissfan said:
only when it needs the oil changed :banana: . She gets a break on oil change price, and since I have no where to dump oil, let her take it. I know what you mean about the clutch thing. I had to show her how to shift into reverse. No big deal.

I dunno about in NC, but in NY, I'm almost positive you can take your oil to a local gas station that does oil changes and they will take it off your hands. Not sure if you need to pay them, but I would think it's a small fee if any. Pretty sure the gov't enforces this so people don't dump their oil into the soil....hehe, I made a rhyme

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
My wife can drive it anytime she wants - she is a great driver. She hates all my parking rules, and the clutch, so she drives it only on special occassions.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Anytime she wants. She has never owned an automatic. She does not like it though. The clutch is too heavy.

I let anyone drive my car. It is just a car, afterall.

montanagrog

Established Member
Mine drives 'ours'. She's a good driver and treats the car well. But I gave her the '87 convert. for Mother's Day last year and she rather drive it.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
montanagrog said:
Mine drives 'ours'. She's a good driver and treats the car well. But I gave her the '87 convert. for Mother's Day last year and she rather drive it.

Holy shit, your whole family drives Mustangs.

You sir are my hero :beer: :beer:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Although she complains about the clutch every now and then as well, she drives it anytime she wants. I love toned calf muscles on a girl though, so its win/win. :-D

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
007Paul said:
My wife can drive it anytime she wants - she is a great driver. She hates all my parking rules, and the clutch, so she drives it only on special occassions.

+1. My girl has mad skills. She hates the alum pedals when she wears heels, though.

Batman

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
My woman doesn't drive a stick.
Tried to show her in my old '96 snake. I gave up when she asked me where the brake pedal was. .... as we were approaching a red light.

Users who are viewing this thread