Wife driving the Cobra.

sixt5

Established Member
not to hijack, but is the clutch really that stiff? i drive a stick (5 speed in a 4 banger s10) daily but the way yall are talkin this is a heavy one. i've played around in a 94 v6 stick and that was real heavy to me.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
frankin said:
Do any of you let your wife drive your car?

My wife drives my car. And she not afraid to drive it hard. She drives her Durango with a 6" lift and other crap in the dunes and up comp hill when we go. I bought her a 05 660 Raptor. My wife is a bit of a tomboy....LOL.....

It's great, she enjoys the same stuff as I do.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
frankin said:
Do any of you let your wife drive your car?

My wife drives my car. And she is not afraid to drive it hard. She drives her Durango with a 6" lift and other crap in the dunes and up comp hill when we go. I bought her a 05 660 Raptor. My wife is a bit of a tomboy....LOL.....

It's great, she enjoys the same stuff as I do.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
My g/f drives mine when her car is getting tires or if I can't get it fixed in time. I have a company truck so it's not like I'm hoofin it. She can drive a stick no problem. Her big complaint is the rice boys always want to race. One day I was behind her and she didn't know it, and some riced out Cavalier was trying to race her. I could tell she was shifting when the light came and she was still easing by him. I guess she finally had enough of it because a few lights later she choked him with tire smoke. He wouldn't get near her after that.

Redfire03

Established Member
ford_racer said:
Anyone care to explain the lockout thing really quick to me via pm?

Please explain it to me too...

Mine drove it once, she didnt understand that you had to put the clutch pedal all the way to the floor. So she stalled it for about 25 feet until it came to a violent stop. :bash:

frankin

Established Member
sixt5 said:
not to hijack, but is the clutch really that stiff? i drive a stick (5 speed in a 4 banger s10) daily but the way yall are talkin this is a heavy one. i've played around in a 94 v6 stick and that was real heavy to me.
You just get used to it. Some days you don't notice it and on others it seems like a bit of an effort. I guess it depends how much strength is in your left leg on that day. :burnout:

Last edited:

frankin

Established Member
Well the wife was okay driving the car, and she did manage to venture into 5th and 6th gear on the way home. Of course she complained about the clutch. I think the clutch will be a legend on these cars. It took me a little while to get used to it, but I always used 5th and 6th gear. :rolling:

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
frankin said:
My daily driver truck is in repair and I have to drive so far to work, so I let the wife drive the Cobra, because she only drives a few miles to work. She knows how to drive a standard, however has trouble with the clutch on this car. I only took her out driving it a few times. I had not heard from her all day and when she called I asked her how it went. She said fine, except she didn't use the last two gears. Thank God! She didn't have to go on the highway. The revs must have been high. She was afraid to go into reverse and I explained about the lockout. I can't wait till my truck is fixed! Do any of you let your wife drive your car?

yes. but i try and keep a new ride around so she dosent. my wife dosent like to drive my car. says the clutch is tight :)

GA Terminator

Established Member
Its not that I don't let her dirve, she doesn't want to. She is afraid of having an accident and subsequant divorce

frankin

Established Member
bbp42d said:
yes. but i try and keep a new ride around so she dosent. my wife dosent like to drive my car. says the clutch is tight :)

I have been driving her Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It's not bad to drive. It's 270rwhp so not too bad. I wish I could afford another car, but right now thats out of the question. I have my beater Bronco and the Cobra. The Jeep is her car. She said she can't wait to get her car back, and asked why the Mustang sounds like it's going to explode and fly apart at any minute. I told her thats just the way they sound. The Jeep rides like a luxury car, so there is a big difference in sound and ride.

Last edited:

JDStud6

Established Member
back in high school I had a pretty sweet little turbocharged 5 speed. I took 2 hot girls out to teach them to drive a stick. Neither one really learned much and stalled a good bit. About 2 weeks later while driving down the road my clutch went out. About $800 later my dad wasnt too happy...but I never told him I took them for a drive! :)

JD

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
My wife has only driven mine once since I got it... she only drove it for about 10 min and said she hates driving it because the clutch is too stiff. She hasn't wanted to drive it since

Users who are viewing this thread