Wife gave me the boot

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The boot out the bedroom! She states I snore too much and she can't sleep. So I was considerate enough to move into a spare bedroom for the mean time, at least until I fix it. It's my understanding I need to attend a sleep study to correct this snoring problem? Sleeping on the side doesn't help since I still received complaints. I'm not a obese feller but not a SVT model either. I was told there's a mask that shoves oxygen into airways to prevent snoring. Any easy fixes?

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Does she notice that you stop breathing multiple times throughout the night? If so, you probably have sleep apnea and a sleep study would reveal that.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Elevate your sleeping position. I sometime snore, but I find if I'm sleeping at an angle with numerous pillows it will stop. Similar to that sleep number commercial.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Yeah use 2-3 pillows to elevate, or sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs. I'm in the same boat, but she usually wakes up and goes to spare room, so I wake up spooning the dog.

MATREDGT

Established Member
I've snored for years from what I've been told, and I have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I used the CPAP machine for a short time, but I continually pulled the masks off while I slept, so I finally gave up on them. I lost a substantial amount of weight in the past few years and that didn't seem to help either. Recently because of some lower back pain, I've been forcing myself to sleep on my back with pillows elevating myself up. I also use breath right strips every night. That combination seems to be working the best for me. I've also been checking into using a band that goes around my face and jaw to keep my mouth closed so I don't mouth breath so much.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its that bad Id get it checked out and see what the doc says...I believe the Cpap machines used on people with sleep apnea force air in like youre talking about

einehund

Established Member
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after attending a sleep study. I've got a machine now (CPAP) that pumps air while I sleep. Not only do I not snore (wasn't quite the issue in the first place, but it did happen), but I wake up with about 65,000x more energy in the morning.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Yeah use 2-3 pillows to elevate, or sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs. I'm in the same boat, but she usually wakes up and goes to spare room, so I wake up spooning the dog.

Lmao! Gonna try elevating also and see if that helps

SHOdown220

Established Member
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after attending a sleep study. I've got a machine now (CPAP) that pumps air while I sleep. Not only do I not snore (wasn't quite the issue in the first place, but it did happen), but I wake up with about 65,000x more energy in the morning.

Hmm maybe I should get checked out. I know I snore, sometimes wake up gasping for air, and have no energy even when if I sleep 8 9 or 10 hours it doesn't matter I'm still tired throughout the day

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

My dad is the same way. I think the main downer of the machine is that it can be loud sometimes.

OP - Attend a study because if you have sleep apnea, that's not a good thing.

cj428mach

Established Member
Loose weight, sleep elevated, netti pot (if you have sinus issues) and get a mouth piece. The mouth piece really works I used it and not only did the snoring decrease but I wake up and feel 10x better. Before doing the above I use to feel like my arms and legs were wearing concrete and it was hard to have the energy to do much.

shurur

Established Member
Sounds like an OK situation. You get your own bed, and can see your wife when you feel like it....like having the girl next door....

Coiled03

Established Member
Did a sleep study once....****ing comical.

"Here, let me study how you sleep while you have wires glued all over you and a mask you've never used before strapped to your face."

How the hell is anybody supposed to sleep like that?

G04cobra

Established Member

"Here, let me study how you sleep while you have wires glued all over you and a mask you've never used before strapped to your face."

I've wondered the exact same thing. How am I suppose to sleep wired up like that?

DGladhill

Established Member

My wife slept just fine through hers, but she also found out later that she has narcolepsy :)

Users who are viewing this thread