2011 sonata

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
looks like a Hyundai sonata , good job FORD:rolleyes:
FORD pulled the copycat on that one

2013 ford fusion

2011 sonata

It's more like Hyundai is the ripoff artist. If you paid attention, Ford released their design concepts long before Hyundai ever put their designs into production. They ripped off Ford's concepts and then just beat Ford to market to make it look like they were the originators. KIA is the same of course.

The only brand Ford is blatantly ripping off is Aston Martin.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
looks like a Hyundai sonata , good job FORD:rolleyes:
FORD pulled the copycat on that one

2013 ford fusion

2011 sonata

I guess there is some similar aspects but I don't think Sonata when I see the fusion. OP car looks good but would expect better looking rims with the titanium package?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
It's more like Hyundai is the ripoff artist. If you paid attention, Ford released their design concepts long before Hyundai ever put their designs into production. They ripped off Ford's concepts and then just beat Ford to market to make it look like they were the originators. KIA is the same of course.

The only brand Ford is blatantly ripping off is Aston Martin.

I have an article where a Ford rep said that the design of the new Fusion was locked down before Hyundai came out with the new Sonata.

I guess there is some similar aspects but I don't think Sonata when I see the fusion. OP car looks good but would expect better looking rims with the titanium package?

Ford actually has two optional 19" wheels and the look SWEET!!! I'm actually liking the 2nd "new" 19" wheel they just started offering.

OP - Very nice car and congrats!!!

alcarames

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments! I lost track of the thread once it was moved. There are several option levels on the titaniums. Our car does not have the front parking assist sensors or the lane departure feature. I'm not totally sure, but I think to get the 19' wheels which are called h-spoke (similiar look to the brembo wheels) you would have to have the driver assist package? Also, this car was in stock and the wife needed a car, we didn't want to wait to order one for the wheels.

As for the design, this car is based on the new ford Mondeo which has been out in Europe for several years. I do think there are definitely similarities in the body lines compared to the sonata.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments! I lost track of the thread once it was moved. There are several option levels on the titaniums. Our car does not have the front parking assist sensors or the lane departure feature. I'm not totally sure, but I think to get the 19' wheels which are called h-spoke (similiar look to the brembo wheels) you would have to have the driver assist package? Also, this car was in stock and the wife needed a car, we didn't want to wait to order one for the wheels.

The two 19" wheels that are optional and do not require another package.

Keep us updated on how the gas mileage is in the city and on the hwy. I've been following some threads for the new 2.0 Fusion and people aren't too thrilled with the MPG they are getting.

alcarames

Established Member
^^^ Thanks for clearing that up. So far I'm not thrilled with the mileage. I'm hoping it gets better as the engine breaks in. We're also putting premium in it, we might go down to plus. I know this engine is capable of running on regular, it's just odd to be putting regular in a turbo engine.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
My wife and I are about to lease one for her probably by the end of next week. I got quoted 700 due at signing and 330 per month for 36 months at 12k miles per year, X plan. Its a black SE with the 2.0 Ecoboost, appearance package and sunroof. Does this sound like a ok deal to you guys?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never compared the new Fusion to the Sonata. You're right. Yes, very similar lines. Front end is very different from the Sonata. The new Fusion is definitely a nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread