Will be storing my 04 SVT Cobra for 6-7 months. Is it good to run the car everyday?

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Is it good to run the car everyday to operating temperature? I will be storing it now for about 6-7months. I just bought the car not too long ago, first time it will be going in for storage and will be kept in the garage. Is it better to run the car once a week? Oil was changed recently.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No. Full tank of gas, stabil, car cover, and you will be fine. As well as a battery tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Sounds good, just wanted other people’s opinion. Some said just run the car once week. I’ve been running it once a day right now...was wondering if it would be better for once a week or just not start it at all until spring.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
As stated above, full tank of gas with stabil should do it. I try to start and run the car up to temperature, every two or three weeks. I also run the AC during that time to keep all the seals lubricated.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys! It has a full tank of 94 premium gas. I guess I should a fuel stabilizer and hook up a battery tender and run the car to operating temperature once a week.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
As stated above, full tank of gas with stabil should do it. I try to start and run the car up to temperature, every two or three weeks. I also run the AC during that time to keep all the seals lubricated.
This is what I do. (Been doing it for many, many years now.)
Make sure you have a good battery tender as well.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Startup and warmup are when engine suffers most wear. I can't imagine repeatedly subjecting an engine to only those cycles without actually driving the vehicle. Seems like you'd be doing more harm than good. But that's JMHO.... good luck.......
In the end, probably not that much difference either way.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Startup and warmup are when engine suffers most wear. I can't imagine repeatedly subjecting an engine to only those cycles without actually driving the vehicle. Seems like you'd be doing more harm than good. But that's JMHO.... good luck.......
In the end, probably not that much difference either way.
Would it be better to fire up once a week or two?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The advice of full tank, Stabil, cover and battery tender, and starting about every 3 weeks or so is sound advice. I wouldn't start it every day. That's a lot of wear and tear over a several month period to not drive the car and unnecessary.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
Sounds good haha I guess I will be waiting for a few weeks before I fire it up again. I just didn’t want the car to have issues since it’s gonna be sitting.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I would only suggest/add posting up on jackstands, my TA KDW's got flat spots when I stored for 8 months.

SvtCobra0404

Established Member
That should be a good idea aswell. I plan on getting lowering the car 1.5” and getting new tires for the stock chrome 17” wheels, any size I should run?

Users who are viewing this thread