will ford have a rebate??

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the thought just occurred to me, nobody thought there would be a rebate on the 03's and at the end of the year ford offered one. so do you foresee one for the 500? my only thought or problem that i see for it is that alot of dealers bought the allocations from others overpriced and are going to take a loss, will a rebate from ford help them offset? and discuss!.:D

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
that was going on when i got my 03 in miami. i ended up getting it at 29 out the door but in all fairness it was a good little stretch into the 04 make. the only other problem i can see is that they are so spaced out to all dealers unlike the svt's being only at select dealerships and stacking up....... just a thought and i thought it would make interesting conversation.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
mobility motoring up to 1000.00
college student purchase program 500.00
owner advantage private offer 500.00

this is all. and i would bet nothing else. btw this is for a 07.

Last edited:

substanger

Established Member
Kirkuk, AFB, Iraq until Feb. 2008, then back to KC
SGT D said:
the thought just occurred to me, nobody thought there would be a rebate on the 03's and at the end of the year ford offered one
I remember that '03 rebate very well. I was working at a Ford dealership and found a left over '03 Mach1 in April of '04. Ford had that massive $4000 rebate, PLUS, being in the reserves, I got an additional $750 rebate, PLUS, working at a Ford dealership, I was eligible for the D-plan. So, all in all, I got a brand new 2003 Mach 1 in April of 2004, that stickered for $29,100, and paid $20,800 out the door. After taxes and down payment, I financed $18,000. My payment.......when everybody else had paid 2,3, or even $4000 over sticker on their '03's, I was paying a mere $289 a month for 60 months. Pissed everybody off!!

Hey, SGT D, what part of Iraq are you in?

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
BlownBolt said:
This car is not the same as a Terminator, i would bet my life that there wont be.

there not the same for sure. its a over priced pile of junk. the 07 will be priced right when they come out with the 08, it is a totally different car so they will need to push out the old model just like any other car. its not like there only making a few gt 500 either, so it will go down.

davidhuff

Established Member
Just curious but when did a shelbygt500 become a pile of junk.I get it now,you drive a 2004 cobra .

F8L SN8K

Established Member
There was an extra push for the rebates on the 03-04s because the ALL NEW 05 mustang was a few months away and everyone wanted the new car. No one whats to buy a new car that is already outdated. The shelby is the same as the 03-04 cobra.. When the next hot item comes out people will move on. Just because of those six letters some will live in denial but for almost everyone else will move on. You probaly wont see big rebates until they start having trouble moving them. Whether that be because of a new model or the next big thing takes affect. They are starting to go down in price already. Ive found a few for sticker now but they arent exactly what I want. You will/can be able to get A-X-D plan on these cars if you find a dealer to coperate.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
F8L SN8K said:
There was an extra push for the rebates on the 03-04s because the ALL NEW 05 mustang was a few months away and everyone wanted the new car. No one whats to buy a new car that is already outdated. The shelby is the same as the 03-04 cobra.. When the next hot item comes out people will move on. Just because of those six letters some will live in denial but for almost everyone else will move on. You probaly wont see big rebates until they start having trouble moving them. Whether that be because of a new model or the next big thing takes affect. They are starting to go down in price already. Ive found a few for sticker now but they arent exactly what I want. You will/can be able to get A-X-D plan on these cars if you find a dealer to coperate.

Agreed. Too many Shelby owners are in denial. The car is hot now, but next year when they make another 10K vehicles sales will dwindle and the deals will be had. Just like in the early 90's with Miata's going for $5K over sticker and the "new" Beetle that people were paying dealer markups. It's a car and like every other new car it will lose value and deals will be made on new ones.

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
No rebate. possibly special apr tho. saleen has 0% right now. Thats comong from my friend who is a internet manager at sanderson ford in az.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
^that is because in Fords eyes, the Saleen and Roush are mustang GT's with tuner packages.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
substanger said:
I remember that '03 rebate very well. I was working at a Ford dealership and found a left over '03 Mach1 in April of '04. Ford had that massive $4000 rebate, PLUS, being in the reserves, I got an additional $750 rebate, PLUS, working at a Ford dealership, I was eligible for the D-plan. So, all in all, I got a brand new 2003 Mach 1 in April of 2004, that stickered for $29,100, and paid $20,800 out the door. After taxes and down payment, I financed $18,000. My payment.......when everybody else had paid 2,3, or even $4000 over sticker on their '03's, I was paying a mere $289 a month for 60 months. Pissed everybody off!!

Hey, SGT D, what part of Iraq are you in?

i am in tikrit.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
getting close to the crap or get off of the pot time for the 07's. i have not done alot of research but there are still plenty of them out there. the only thing is most dealers bought them from others over sticker.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
there not the same for sure. its a over priced pile of junk. the 07 will be priced right when they come out with the 08, it is a totally different car so they will need to push out the old model just like any other car. its not like there only making a few gt 500 either, so it will go down.

Over priced pile of junk? That a little harsh 08's are out dumb ass and the 07's have not experienced any significant price drop. If this car is "junk" you have obveously never drove one and compared it to your cobra.

eleanor68

Established Member
differences

who has both or have had each and which was overall the better car? I went on a 1700 mile road trip in 2 days to come back empty handed after the termy i was supposed to pick up wasn't exactly all that. so it got me rethinking the whole thing again since I can get pretty much whatever I want whenever I want. I love the new gt500's and can certainly wait for the right price to come along and pounce on it, but are the 08's significantly better than the 07's? And are either one still better than the 03/04 cobras..Input please would be helpful for me, maybe some others as well...

Users who are viewing this thread