will ford have a rebate??

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I would have bought a GT500, but the weight killed it for me.

I really like convertibles, and the fact that the Shelby with 2 occupants and a little cargo weighs more than some pickup trucks really threw me off.

That and the snobby attitude I found the dealers having. Although the powerplant imho is superior to the 03/04 4.6l mill. Those heads are amazing!

Kevs-svt

More power
Established Member
There are deals

There are deals to be had i just traded in my 99 Lightning for a 07 shelby. The dealership wanted all 07 off there lot. I got my 07 with $3500 down and after taxes for $ 33,657.

Kevs-svt

More power
Established Member
They gave me 12,200 i owed $8700 and change. I knew the finance manager at the dealership so he gave me the inside track alittle.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
damn good deal, go look on ebay and see about 85 gt500's that are listed, only about 15 of them have bids. the 07 deals are out there and the 08 sticker price seems more likely each month.

93saleen

Established Member
I have been watching the whole Shelby thing since Day one I have sold 4 for my Dealership and I think the bottom is going to fall out real soon.If you watch Ebay most of the cars have not even hit MSRP. I do relize some have gone over a little bit but not the 10 k 15k 20 k that they were. So how can anyone say no rebate that is silly it is comming also the economy is not doing the best right now so they are going to do whatever they can to push these cars. what is bothering me now is the people out there that think the used Shelby is still worth MSRP or plus get real it is a used car and if you paid way over MSRP face it you are going to take really hard really soon. Hate to be the ass to say it but mark my words they will have a rebate sooner then later. Remember alot of 08's have been sitting at Ford for some time on Quality hold. Prepare for a market flood

mtl-biker

Established Member
Hi here in Quebec a gt500 2007 the MSRP is $58 000 and now in november you could bought it at this price.In the spring season it was at $80 000 but heres Ford dont offer rebate or financing

Mario

ff500

Established Member
Ford is having its year end clearance sale now, if there were to be a rebate it would be now. Also if they are having a hard time moving them as some have posted then more than likely it will only be a 2 year run.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Everything I've read about the GT500 say they're too heavy and can't handle for shit. For what dealer's are asking for them you could easily get a Termi or older Cobra and make it far superior to the GT500 powerplant. IMO no factory mustang is worth $50+K

svt4cobra6

yep the weight is a factor on the gt 500 and the 03 cobra and gt500 have the same advertised 0-60 times, although the gt500 will pull away after that. You could probably modify the suspension on the GT500 to get it to really handle.

Last edited:

tankerman1981

Established Member
i love the look of the 500's , the weight is definately a turn off but still cant deny the possibilities with the car....I'll sit back and wait til the prices fall on these cars or like my terminatior wait til the used market starts in on these cars..... people will be dumping them all over...

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the time is getting closer, hearing stories of msrp and slightly below now.

however i was on ebay today and saw a dealer that had an 07 new for 60k, wth?

nicksteele

Established Member
Actually, there is no AXZ Plan available on Shelby, nor will there be through 2008. There are no additional programs listed asside from Mobility Motoring of $1000 which would rarely apply with a vehicle such as this. Sorry guys...

There was an extra push for the rebates on the 03-04s because the ALL NEW 05 mustang was a few months away and everyone wanted the new car. No one whats to buy a new car that is already outdated. The shelby is the same as the 03-04 cobra.. When the next hot item comes out people will move on. Just because of those six letters some will live in denial but for almost everyone else will move on. You probaly wont see big rebates until they start having trouble moving them. Whether that be because of a new model or the next big thing takes affect. They are starting to go down in price already. Ive found a few for sticker now but they arent exactly what I want. You will/can be able to get A-X-D plan on these cars if you find a dealer to coperate.

jrscobra

blank
Established Member
i dont see it happening. Ford knows the average buyer is going to pay cash for a GT500. I've sold about 5 I think, and none were financed.

Our dealership has financed one that I know of.

We have a vapor silver hardtop with navigation and a white / red stripe convertible on the floor now. I checked today. Nothing except Mobility rebate.
We do have 0% on Saleens 2007 models. One 281 SC convertible left. One 281 3v left and one plain GT Convertible left.
someone will get a great deal.

jr

vulk

Established Member
I also second the notion that the economy will be a player to the shelby sales. With gas at $4.00 a gallon in CA (for the cheap 87) it is not likely that anyone short of a car collector or a weekend driver will buy this car over msrp. MSRP is fair in my opinion, rebate sure why not.. what they need to do is start offering programs to finance them (possibly lease to buy.) By doing this they can still get 25k, and then resell the car after 3 years.. Dealer can consider the lease payment as the mark up, customer gets a great car for the price, everyone is happy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread