will it fit...help fast

JGS107

Established Member
ok so i got a #5 crank pulley from Herb101 to put on my 04 lightning and im not sure if its going to work. my mechanic looked at it the other day and saw that theres one big allan bolt holding the stock one on where as the #5 has 3 allan bolts. do i have to take the other pulley behind the crank off to bolt the new one on. has anyone had their pulley put on and run into this.i really hope it will work.any input iwll be appreciated.thanks

jason

yes, you have to break off the stock pulley by locking up the driveline by the converter....that one bolt is left hand thread too.......once its off you will see where you put the allen bolts......any other info ask......

JGS107

Established Member
ok well that makes me feel 10 times better thanks a lot for the quick response. if i have any other problems this afternoon ill ask

OH-MAN

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
yes, you have to break off the stock pulley by locking up the driveline by the converter....that one bolt is left hand thread too.......once its off you will see where you put the allen bolts......any other info ask......

Don't say BREAK :eek:

JGS107

Established Member
haha i knew what he meant.thanks everyone.i just cant wait to get it over to the dyno tomorrow to get tuned.

JGS107

Established Member
i gotcha...i know a little about motor work so i didnt think you really meant break it off:)

Users who are viewing this thread