Will MM&FF do low 12s in the 1/4???

jman345

Banned
Ok almost no one believes that the shelby is capable of doing low 12s since most car magazines are saying it is only doing high 12s what are we to believe well me i am betting almost everything that MM&FF will be able to get the shelby in the low 12s stock who here believes i am right and who doesnt think it will ever happen?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
no doubt in my mind that evan smith can get this thing in the low 12s, stock tires, stock everything.

jman345

Banned
Who is evan smith not trying to sound smart alec i have been hearing his name alot does he drive cars in a certain mag?

rphinney

Established Member
jman345 said:
Who is evan smith not trying to sound smart alec i have been hearing his name alot does he drive cars in a certain mag?

He is a test pilot MM&FF uses, the fact that you don't know who he is and you are raving about MM&FF times shows you are well qualified to discuss a topic such as this! :read:

shaved99gt

Established Member
if anyones gonna do it evan smith's gonna do it didnt he get a terminator to go low 12's with removed swaybar and a few other things

jman345

Banned
rphinney said:
He is a test pilot MM&FF uses, the fact that you don't know who he is and you are raving about MM&FF times shows you are well qualified to discuss a topic such as this! :read:

Sorry if i dont know the peoples names who drive the cars in magazines i just have seen what MM&FF have done with cars in the past and every time they have gotten lower times then other people. I rave about the times did i ever mention the names of the people no i am more intereted in times not the peoples names.

jman345

Banned
Ok so far everyone has said the shelby will be capabale of doing low 12s so why all the fuss about how it wieghs alot and i for one wish it didnt wiegh that much but we cant do anything about it but for a car that wieghs that much low 12s is pretty awesome and with slicks high 11s im not complaining.

jman345

Banned
And i know evan is a expert car driver and i know if he gets low 12s in the quarter everyone wont be able to get low 12s all i am saying is people only think this car is only capable of getting high 12s wich isnt true i believe it is capable of getting low 12s and thats my whole point.

R1Lello

Established Member
jman345 said:
Ok almost no one believes that the shelby is capable of doing low 12s since most car magazines are saying it is only doing high 12s what are we to believe well me i am betting almost everything that MM&FF will be able to get the shelby in the low 12s stock who here believes i am right and who doesnt think it will ever happen?

I will bet $$ you are right. Low, low 12's.....................

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
i'd venture to say if the electronics are not too fugged he will squeak out an 11

edit the reason i say this is i pull low 13's with a car that weighs about 500-600lbs less but with roughly 200rwhp less

edit2 plus evan has driven one of my friends cars to a badass time and my friend blows me away by .05 in the 60' on street tires

Last edited:

harsh5.0gt

Established Member
+2 low 12's

Evan is quite a driver....but I wonder what Carroll Shelby would run? 13.4?

BTW I'm not dissing on C.S. He's one of my biggest heros...but old age catches up to you sooner or later :shrug:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
jman345 said:
And i know evan is a expert car driver and i know if he gets low 12s in the quarter everyone wont be able to get low 12s all i am saying is people only think this car is only capable of getting high 12s wich isnt true i believe it is capable of getting low 12s and thats my whole point.

Until you were told who Evan was a few post back, you didn't even know who he was. Now you talk about him like he's your buddy :poke:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'd be stunned if he didn't tick off a 12.1 or less. I think 11.9x is possible.

The only thing killing this car from a stop is tires. Put DR's on it and there will be many a decent driver running high 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread