Will MM&FF do low 12s in the 1/4???

CaliCobra

Established Member
And what if he does, does that mean something? If he is the benchmark of what any car is capable of, would he not have to drive every care made to get any idea of how fast they are in the 1/4. Or is their strictly for bragging rights?

When a stock C6 blows off a Shelby, when the Shebly guys catches up at the next light he can lower his window and go on about Evan's drag racing ability (while the C6 guy is thinking who is Evan and who cares who he is) and how his car does low 12's so its still is better and faster so his car actually doing better is either a figment of his imagination or confirms that the Shelby guy cant drive it properly.

That is tongue in cheek, so dont get all torqued, just realize any set of cars do what they do with the same drivers. Unless Evan drives any care you want to compare a Shebly too on the same day, same track and back to back, its meaningless.

Shit, buy a GSXR1000 for 10,000 and you have an instant high 9 second rocket that hits 182MPH and gets 45 MPG?

stang22

Established Member
jman345 said:
Ok almost no one believes that the shelby is capable of doing low 12s since most car magazines are saying it is only doing high 12s what are we to believe well me i am betting almost everything that MM&FF will be able to get the shelby in the low 12s stock who here believes i am right and who doesnt think it will ever happen?
Heck,...Just let ANYBODY who knows how to REALLY drive,and its will be in the low 12's all day long!!!

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
CaliCobra said:
And what if he does, does that mean something? If he is the benchmark of what any car is capable of, would he not have to drive every care made to get any idea of how fast they are in the 1/4. Or is their strictly for bragging rights?
well dont you think its nice to know what the car will do with a driver???
When a stock C6 blows off a Shelby, when the Shebly guys catches up at the next light he can lower his window and go on about Evan's drag racing ability (while the C6 guy is thinking who is Evan and who cares who he is) and how his car does low 12's so its still is better and faster so his car actually doing better is either a figment of his imagination or confirms that the Shelby guy cant drive it properly.
yeah that happens. just like when i was at the track wed and two sti's were going 14's
That is tongue in cheek, so dont get all torqued, just realize any set of cars do what they do with the same drivers. Unless Evan drives any care you want to compare a Shebly too on the same day, same track and back to back, its meaningless.
one of my favorite evan smith track tests is when he put a stock ls1 f bod in the 12's in shitty weather
Shit, buy a GSXR1000 for 10,000 and you have an instant high 9 second rocket that hits 182MPH and gets 45 MPG?

yeah because its THAT easy to pilot a sport bike into the 9's by just spending the money for a stocker. which has nothing to do with this thread :poke:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
The car trapped 116 MPH when Motor Trend tested it, so I would think high 11s should be easily attainable with a decent driver.

willy_sc5.0

Established Member
According to this article, the best et obatined by a mag was 12.25 and the best quater mile trap was 117mph. If I had to guess which mag was capable of those numbers it had to be MM&FF.

index.php

index.php

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
rphinney said:
He is a test pilot MM&FF uses, the fact that you don't know who he is and you are raving about MM&FF times shows you are well qualified to discuss a topic such as this! :read:

:lol:

firemanmike said:
Until you were told who Evan was a few post back, you didn't even know who he was. Now you talk about him like he's your buddy :poke:

:lol: Dammit guys, I'm trying to get out the door but I'm laughing too hard to drive. :D

jman,

Yes, Evan Smith will get this thing into the low 12s/high 11s. Where have you been for the last 15 years?

Last edited:

jman345

Banned
firemanmike said:
Until you were told who Evan was a few post back, you didn't even know who he was. Now you talk about him like he's your buddy :poke:[/QUOTE

How am i talking like evan is my buddy i just said he is a expert car driver since he does test drive cars in a magazine any guy who tests drive cars in a magazine should be an expert car driver if he wasnt why have him test drive cars for your magazine. I think C&D and road and track should fire there so called expert car driver if they are pulling high 12s and lows 13s in a 500hp car heck i can do better then that in a 500hp car.

jman345

Banned
willy_sc5.0 said:
According to this article, the best et obatined by a mag was 12.25 and the best quater mile trap was 117mph. If I had to guess which mag was capable of those numbers it had to be MM&FF.

index.php

index.php

Well if thats true then how come motor trend got a 12.7 with trap speeds of 116 shouldnt the trap speeds be alot higher if you get lower times just curious?

jman345

Banned
CaliCobra said:

Well if he does do low 12s that will mean that the shelby is capable of doing that why do you think magazines have people test drive new cars to see how fast they can go to give you an idea of what it is capable of doing.

Well what you are saying makes no sense you can take the fastest car in the world and if the person doesnt know how to drive then they will get beat by every car out there if they dont know how shift rght doesnt matter how fast the car is. And magazines got the 03 coba in the mid 12s and up and not only the experts where able to get it into that range but everyday people so what makes you think just cause an expert will get the shelby in the low 12s an ordinary person cant do it dont make me laugh trust me alot of people will get this car into the low 12s and stomp a hole in the C6 it has no chance.

Again it all depends on the driver evan isnt going to be the only person who gets low 12s with the shelby thats a promise.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
jman345 said:
Well if thats true then how come motor trend got a 12.7 with trap speeds of 116 shouldnt the trap speeds be alot higher if you get lower times just curious?

no, usually if you have a low ET and high trap speed it means you did not get a good start (spun off the line). A Low ET and low trap means you hit it good off the start. Motor trend probably did a burnout when the light hit green hence the high trap speed. Make sense? :coolman:

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I don't see 116-117MPH putting this lead sled into the 11s, but we'll just have to wait and see. Slicks might be enough with good weather and great driving. Considering there were 03/04 Cobra drivers pulling low-12s at 112-114 with just DRs, I hope the Shelby fairs better than that. Evan Smith pulled those times with stock tires.

Last edited:

BetterthanU

Banned
motortrend corrects their #s for a best case scenario.....the others just average all their runs.

low e.t. and good/high mph=great traction/launch and all around run
higher e.t. and high mph=bad traction/launch, pretty decent run besides that
higher e.t and lower mph=douchebag behind the wheel.

weight distribution is bad, and therefore traction off the line will be a big issue with the gt500.

Last edited:

Viperluke

Established Member
I'd like to Evan test the GT500 and the C6 back to back. Not just to see which car is faster. But also to see which is easier to get good times with.

Last edited:

willy_sc5.0

Established Member
jman345 said:

I think that doesn't hold true when you are comparing et's and trap speed between different drivers and may be at different tracks.

If I am not mistaken when Evan ran the 12.4 on the Cobra 03, it trapped 114mph which was both the best et and trapspeed from any mag.

Users who are viewing this thread