Window Tint

AMP GT500

Established Member
I just picked up a black '14 GT500 and I am planning on having the windows tinted. From your experience, what percentage will function and look the best?
My wife's vehicles came with the windows already tinted from the factory, however this will be my first experience with having my windows tinted after vehicle purchase.

Thanks.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
check your state laws if you wanna be legit.

If you don't care, I say 20% all around. (except the front windshield)

michaeljtrent

Established Member
Here in MS the legal limit is 35%.

Needless to say that is somewhat light. I usually go 15% on my windows. It's dark enough to keep the heat out and still get the look I'm going for but not dark enough to make the police want to stop me.

I would like to be able to go 10% on mine, but that is just dark enough to warrant them pulling me over. I find that anything over 10 is more of a hindrance as far as vision goes, but some people don't mind it. It definitely looks better to me with darker windows.

Ky GT500

Established Member
18-20% all around, fairly legit. For the stealth look, 5% all around. I'm running 5%, and so far, no issues with LEO's. :coolman:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
18-20% all around, fairly legit. For the stealth look, 5% all around. I'm running 5%, and so far, no issues with LEO's. :coolman:

Yep, this is 18%:
passsidealcoa1_zps26b54114.jpg

-J
:beer:

freakshow12

Established Member
I got 5 on my back 3. Going 50 on sides as no tint is allowed where I am on side glass. I may go 35 though since I have the glass roof that brightens things up

raustin0017

Established Member
Got 20% around...minus the windshield. Not legal in SC...but LEOs wont hassle you just for tint. Now if you get pulled over for driving like an ass and deserve a ticket...they will toss that in just for fun. My brother-in-law has been a cop for years and according to him...most if not all LEOs feel the same.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
This is the first car I've owned where I didn't go right out and tint the windows immediately. I'm not sure what the deal is but something seems to be holding me back this time. :shrug:

Svtheide

Established Member
What color is the car, mine is black an I went with 5% an a drop on the windshield if they would let me post pics I would lol......

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I use to have 5 percent all around with a 5 percent strip. I miss it! Now i have 5 percent in rear and qrt panel windows. On the sides i have a 35 and a 5 percent strip. If change it, i will use 20 on the sides.

AMP GT500

Established Member
I'm debating on going with 5% on the 3 rear windows, 15 - 25% on the driver\passenger sides and 35% on the Windshield.

If I go with this combination, will the shades of the tint on the windows look drastically different? My car is all black interior and exterior.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This is the first car I've owned where I didn't go right out and tint the windows immediately. I'm not sure what the deal is but something seems to be holding me back this time. :shrug:

*sniff sniff*

I know what it is. :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread