Windsheild Wiper Scratch

MustangMacrum

Established Member
Long story short, my windsheild wiper flew off and the plastic left over scratched my windsheild.

2540095503_753bf74b9a.jpg

(Google image, not my car.)
Kinda like this but a lot better than that. The lines are barely visible but you can see them inside and at a certain angle outside.

I tried a polish compound recommended by Advance Auto Parts and it certainly helped, but not much. I'll take pictures tomorrow when im out of class.

Thanks

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Happened to me once, I used blue magic on it and polished it out using microfiber cloths. Shouldn't be too deep of a scratch, wouldn't be surprised if it was just the plastic from the arm and not an actual glass scratch.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
with the PC i used the crappy white pad that came with it (has its own built in backing plate) and some compound and just used that. I think i also claybarred it and followed up with Rain-X.

now with the rotary i use an orange pad with compound and do a quick once over working all the way up to almost max speed, then follow up with DP Krystal glass cleaner. So freaking clean, i dont even think new windshields are this clear. And talk about rain repellant, we had a light rain a week ago, even at slow speeds i didnt have to use the wipers! Only thing i missed was my rear convertible glass window, and you can totally tell the difference in visibility.

you can also try a straight-edge razor to scrape it off. I really dont think plastic can scratch glass, id imagine its some film left over from the plastic, but ill give you the benefit of the doubt that you know better! If its really scratched, nothing you can do about it really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread