Winter beater problems

M240Bravo

Established Member
This summer I bought a low mileage 997 for a winter beater, I only drive them for a year or two then replace it. But this car doesn't like cold snowy winters. So looking now for the next winters beater and replace this car now.

Wanted to ask what you guys thought or if anyone has had any of these or any other cars I should look at.

I'm thinking a

BMW 335xi
Audi RS4
GMC syclone
Nissan GTR
audi R8

I'm leaning RS4, but I'm open to other cars.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
This is a winter beater

Attachments

• DSCN2244.JPG
    DSCN2244.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 61

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
This summer I bought a low mileage 997 for a winter beater, I only drive them for a year or two then replace it. But this car doesn't like cold snowy winters. So looking now for the next winters beater and replace this car now.

Wanted to ask what you guys thought or if anyone has had any of these or any other cars I should look at.

I'm thinking a

BMW 335xi
Audi RS4
GMC syclone
Nissan GTR
audi R8

I'm leaning RS4, but I'm open to other cars.

Your budget seems a bit higher for a beater, but fun car for winter is the 2008 S6 Audi, it has the lambo V10. I have an 08 A6 with the 4.2v8 and that is a fun car. Put some blizzacks for tires and it works great in the snow and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

M240Bravo

Established Member
That's why it stays outside.

But then its cold when you get in it lol.

Your budget seems a bit higher for a beater, but fun car for winter is the 2008 S6 Audi, it has the lambo V10. I have an 08 A6 with the 4.2v8 and that is a fun car. Put some blizzacks for tires and it works great in the snow and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Audi-...ash=item33e13ed452:g:ZQwAAOSwTIhadW~J&vxp=mtr

For 15k you can have a 4 door lambo.

Edit: searched and its not

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
So what model 997? What will you sell it for?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BJCobra99

Established Member
My raptor does have remote start, but if it sits outside it gets covered in snow. I know it sounds like little things, but don't want to have to deal with it.
Sounds like you need to add a heated garage for the beater. I don't see how that can be an issue having a Raptor as a winter beater. Build it!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

M240Bravo

Established Member
Sounds like you need to add a heated garage for the beater. I don't see how that can be an issue having a Raptor as a winter beater. Build it!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My garage is heated, but like I said it brings in so much snow and it melts over night then I have to push all the water, and mud to the drain. Then mop the floor once a month to keep it clean. Having a small car/truck/suv was nice because it doesn't really bring in the stuff like the raptor does.

Zemedici

Established Member
Why’s it matter if the trucks snowy? Do you eat dinner off the fender flares?

Remote start truck 10 minutes before you leave = 80 degrees inside, with heated steering wheel. Good to go. 4WD, and enough power

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Why’s it matter if the trucks snowy? Do you eat dinner off the fender flares?

Remote start truck 10 minutes before you leave = 80 degrees inside, with heated steering wheel. Good to go. 4WD, and enough power

Can definitely tell you don't live in an area that sees crazy cold overnight temps and regular snow. In the last week I've had a nice layer of ice on my truck that took me a solid 20 minutes to remove enough to see out the windows, and that was after the 10 minutes it took to brush all the snow off. Not to mention the ice buildup that has formed in the front of my door jamb on my drivers door. My next house, whenever that day comes, will definitely have a garage big enough for all my vehicles, heat, and a floor drain.

Users who are viewing this thread