Winter Storage!! pics inside!

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
For those of you who dont have garages, you can buy a set up like i have for about 500 bucks. You can put it up in about 3-4 hrs with basic hand tools a friend and a case of beer. Its not a cheapo tent either its actually pretty rugged and will hold up nicely in shitty weather. Its better than nothing right?

dsc00065og6.jpg

dsc00066ec9.jpg

dsc00067ov0.jpg

camera phone sucks but oh well, havent posted any pics of my truck yet.. stock for now =( IF anyone has any Qs about my car port setup send a PM and ill do the best i can to provide any info for ya!

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Careful with that, some wind blew my buddies down and it dented the crap out of his Dodge. Cool though!!

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
yeah ive heard that happening before, but ive got 6 anchors goin 24inches into the ground and drove the poles in about 8 inches as well. Did he have the front open when it blew over? They are supposed to be fine as long as you close the front under wind... I hope it works out well for me haha!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good set up for not having a garage man.. just make sure you keep that sucker anchored down.

repsol

Established Member
:poke: What's this thing you call winter???????
Iv'e heard it mentioned alot recently here and
on a motorcycle forum.
Let me ask.Is it this weird freezing cold weather
when the temperature drops to a bone chilling
70-75 degrees? If so I apologize I experience it here
in Florida:poke: :poke: :poke:

repsol

Established Member
needmoreboost said:
repsol you bastard!!! i love maine .... but i CANT stand the winters!
Yeah I'm from Boston I know all too well
MMMMMM I'm now thinking Lobster

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
yes while you bask in your chilly 70* weather ill be bundled up under snow eating pounds of butter soaked lobster !!!

Jeff-'03

What's That Whine Noise?
Established Member
hate winter... miss her alllll damn season, but its always fun to get her out in spring and bring the feeling back ;)

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
Gray like 20 mins north of portland so like an hour north of the bunk!..... Chi3f you take your L to f1 to get it tunned or someplace else?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Do your self a favor and put some plastic down on the ground to keep the ground moisture form rusting out the under carriage of your Lightning.

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
^^^ yeah i was thinking about what to do there past few days. 90% of whats under me is gravel and not grass... im just worried about puddles forming if i put down a plastic tarp of some sort.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
needmoreboost said:
yes while you bask in your chilly 70* weather ill be bundled up under snow eating pounds of butter soaked lobster !!!
Thats OK I'll be scuba diving and getting my lobster fresh while your under all that snow.

Bootie

Established Member
I couldn't even imagine living north of Macon, GA. I've only seen snow twice. No thanks not for me.

I agree, put something on the ground, even if it is gravel and try to tie it in with the anchors.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
winter sucks.

The whole time, you day dream abotu driving your car.

We woudl be able to drive the cars, but when it snows they put salt and sand down, and a shit load of it.

thats a no no for cars.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
needmoreboost said:
^^^ yeah i was thinking about what to do there past few days. 90% of whats under me is gravel and not grass... im just worried about puddles forming if i put down a plastic tarp of some sort.
It doesn't matter if you park on grass dirt cement or black top. Its the radiant moisture thats your problem in the winter. Thats why you need to put plastic down.

Dusten

Established Member
MachME said:
winter sucks.

The whole time, you day dream abotu driving your car.

We woudl be able to drive the cars, but when it snows they put salt and sand down, and a shit load of it.

thats a no no for cars.

Hmmm, i have never seen salt on a road... god bless the west coast. And i love the snow, means i can bring out the bronco, play around, go to the mountains... WOOT WOOT. Those of you that park your toy in the winter, just need to find a winter toy

Users who are viewing this thread