Winter storage with an aftermarket tune

dennisdiecast

Established Member
hey everyone, I have my car stored for the winter and I usually unplug the negative terminal from the battery. This is the first winter I have a tune for the car, so I just want to know if i need to re-load my lund tune before starting the car up again or is it still programmed in the car's computer? thanks.

Teddy O

Established Member
I don't know if you have inspections where you are, but I accidentally let my battery die one winter and it was a PIA to get the emissions readiness happy so I could get my next inspection sticker. I keep a tender on it now. Just side note.

dennisdiecast

Established Member
Should be no need to reload. Tune should be retained in the ECU's non-volatile memory.
Ok thanks Norton!

I don't know if you have inspections where you are, but I accidentally let my battery die one winter and it was a PIA to get the emissions readiness happy so I could get my next inspection sticker. I keep a tender on it now. Just side note.

No emissions where i am, but i will look in to a tender, thanks.

dennisdiecast

Established Member
A lot of people have been recommending the battery tender, but i'm just curious if there is anything wrong with just disconnecting the negative battery terminal like i did this winter?

svt662

Established Member
I disconnect the battery every year on two of vehicles and have had no problems!

Users who are viewing this thread