Wiring info for adding 1 touch to 'Vert rear windows

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I don't know how many of you have done this or not but, I did the mod awhile ago and never wrote down what wiring was cut or tapped into.

MikeSop asked me if I remembered, and I felt bad for not getting back to him for a day or two.

So, I'm posting up the info for anyone else that hasn't done the mod or is considering doing it... it's a NICE addition! Just 4 quick taps and all 4 windows are down, ready for the top to follow!

You'll need 2 One touch modules, crimping tool, wire strippers and possibly diagonal cutters. You can usually get a "all in one" tool from vatozone for pretty cheap if you don't have one.

Module #1 wiring ----------> Harness wiring connection
Black ----> Tap into Black wire
Small yellow ----> Tap into Red/Black wire
Yellow/green ----> Tap into Blue/Black wire

I suggest cutting the Yellow/Black wire approx 6 inches back from the switch.

White/black ----> Splice into Yellow/Black coming from the Switch
Red ----> Splice into Yellow/Black coming from the harness

Module #2 wiring ----------> Harness wiring connection
Black ----> Tap into same Black wire as before
Small yellow ----> Tap into Purple/Red wire
Yellow/green ----> Tap into same Blue/Black wire as before

Again, I suggest cutting the White/Blue wire approx 6 inches back from the switch.

White/black ----> Splice into White/Blue coming from the Switch
Red ----> Splice into White/Blue coming from the harness

*I tucked module #1 down and behind the "pocket" on the window switch bezel. I located Module #2 just forward of the mirror control switch. I used a few zip ties to make sure the modules don't flop around too much.*

There you have it! It's pretty easy to do really. Just ensure that your crimps are solid and make a good connection and you'll be all set!

Also, a quick FYI: If you hit the "lock" switch, that will disable the one-touch function for the rears.
(mods, if this is better suited for the "How to" section, I apologize)

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'd like to do this to my vert. Are you saying that you need 2 modules - 1 for each rear window, or is the second one for the passenger side window, then the 2 rears share a single module?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Always wanted the one touch for the passenger window. Found this, think it would be cheaper to buy this or just the get the parts at VatoZone for just the pass window?http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Honestly, even on a coupe... its NICE to have installed. I added it to my last 2 mustangs. Webelectricproducts has the one touch modules listed for $30/$31, which should include the harness too. I know the part is applicable to a few model years of fords but, I don't have the exact info.

I'd like to do this to my vert. Are you saying that you need 2 modules - 1 for each rear window, or is the second one for the passenger side window, then the 2 rears share a single module?
Overall, you will need 3 modules. 1 pass, and 2 for the rear 1/4 windows. You *might* be able to save a whopping $30 by combining the 2 1/4 windows into one switch... BUT, I would assume that the module was designed for 1 window operating at a time and that 2 operating simultaneously could possibly lead to component failure.

This info I posted is if you are doing the rear 2 windows. The "kit" the module comes in should come with the instructions for the passenger window module install. If it would help, I can add those to this posting. :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thank you for clarifying that! It wasn't that I was trying to cheap out, just wanted to get the right components (without buying an extra, if it wasn't necessary). Definitely something I will be doing this season.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Thank you for clarifying that! It wasn't that I was trying to cheap out, just wanted to get the right components (without buying an extra, if it wasn't necessary). Definitely something I will be doing this season.

No worries! I hope it didn't come across that I was trying to say that about you specifically. I'm sure it *could* work but, I was just trying to say I advise against it :)

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Bringing this back from the dead, but want to say I just did this last Friday and it worked great. It even works from the passenger side window switch which I think is nice. Took about 15 mins.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Nice write up. I always wanted to do this to my car too.
Webelectric also has a 1 touch down/up module for the convertible top. I had it on the 06 GT I had, I really liked that.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Does the webelectric one work on 99-04 cobras?

I think they did make one for the 99-04 cars. drop them a line

what sucked on the 06 gt was that from the factory you had to hold the convertible top button. then all 4 windows went down then the top would start going down.
with the 1 touch module you just hit the button 1 time and the windows and the top all went down together. I loved it.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
where is the stock module located in a coupe?
can i use one from a junk yard for my passenger side??

Red3

Established Member
I think they did make one for the 99-04 cars. drop them a line

what sucked on the 06 gt was that from the factory you had to hold the convertible top button. then all 4 windows went down then the top would start going down.
with the 1 touch module you just hit the button 1 time and the windows and the top all went down together. I loved it.

ON their site it only has 05 and up listed. Can't call I'm in Iraq

postalbunny

Established Member
Curious about the webelectric modules... is it just plug and play, or is there splicing involved? I wouldn't mind doing this on my vert for the rear/pasenger windows but don't want to hack up the wiring.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Curious about the webelectric modules... is it just plug and play, or is there splicing involved? I wouldn't mind doing this on my vert for the rear/pasenger windows but don't want to hack up the wiring.

I'm almost positive it is just a module with wires coming out, so it will need to be spliced in.

Users who are viewing this thread