Women inequality?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Just what in the hell do you think being a nurse is? Seriously. Labor intense.
When is the last time you couldn't take a break or piss for 8 hours? When is the last time you worked a 16 hour shift to keep someone alive?
You are showing just how ignorant you are....
Maybe you all should associate with different people because the women I work with all bust their ass. They bring in food on the days that you forget lunch, offer to help if you get in a jam and need a temp babysitter, go out of their way to bring each other into work if one cannot get to the hospital and keep uninformed morons alive.....
Women may not be able to keep up 100% of the time in physical aspects but they have all of you beat on compassion and empathy.
Sure they complain, just like a lot of you guys here that have a "monthly flow."

Being a nurse is ABSOLUTELY not what I would call labor intensive. It can be hard work, no doubt. But not quite the same as a job which requires using maximum physical strengh/stamina while being subjected to the elements for hours every day.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Being a nurse is ABSOLUTELY not what I would call labor intensive. It can be hard work, no doubt. But not quite the same as a job which requires using maximum physical strengh/stamina while being subjected to the elements for hours every day.

Some days it's not...other days it will wear out the strongest of em all...it is more mentally taxing more often than not. but 6 14hr days straight will tire your ass out.

Instead of thr elements we get subjected to blood, snot, brain matter, puke, shit, piss, guts hanging out, assholes, junkies, flu, hepatitis etc

Blown 89

Established Member
Women's inequality doesn't exist. It's been debunked statistically as well.

If anything it's swung the other way. How many women do you know that cook, clean, and do any of the other traditional female roles while also taking over the traditional male roles? It seems as if husbands have taken over the female roles in relationships yet women refuse to take on some male roles to compensate. Most guys I know do the traditional female tasks.....cook, clean, do laundry, take the kids to school but they also do the male tasks of remodeling, yard work, car maintenance, etc.

My mother in law prepared a 20 minute lecture (written on paper for her to deliver) to me about how terrible of a husband I am. One of her talking points was that I take pristine care of my car but not my wife's. While I do all of my wife's maintenance I don't clean it like I do mine (weekly). Keep in mind I do the shopping, cooking, cleaning, yard work, house maintenance, and I work two jobs. Wash your own damn car. The feminist movement is doing the opposite of empowering women IMO. They want equality until it comes time to doing men's work then they fall back on the little ol' me routine.

We thought that we had a break in the other night at our house. We heard a loud noise, then the wireless security panel in the bedroom started acting up..It must have been a weird coincidence, but I digress.. I grabbed my trusty Beretta and cleared the house. Three stories and 8 doors made for quick ingress and egress. So it took a few minutes to make sure everything was buttoned up. I reset the alarm and came back to the bedroom.
  • My wife said "why are you scared to walk through the house?"..
  • I said, "I wasn't scared, just prepared.."
  • Her, "then why did you take a gun (weapon)?"..
  • Me, "uhm being prepared to protect you and the kids."...
  • Her, "You were scared"
  • I said, "next time, you clear the house..You can take the "gun" as well."
  • Her, "Heck no! I'd be to scared!"
  • Me.."See the difference?"
It sounds like your wife thinks firearms are your toys. I think sometimes people forget that they serve a purpose.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Some days it's not...other days it will wear out the strongest of em all...it is more mentally taxing more often than not. but 6 14hr days straight will tire your ass out.

Instead of thr elements we get subjected to blood, snot, brain matter, puke, shit, piss, guts hanging out, assholes, junkies, flu, hepatitis etc

I hear you man. No doubt nursing is a job that not everyone can do. It requires intelligence, attention to detail, organization, the ability to deal well with high stress scenarios, working long hours. But definitely not what Id call a physically demanding / heavy manual labor type job.

To give you an ilustration: if you could magically give a roofer your knowledge and skillset, he could go on to do your shift, no problem.

Now reverse scenarios and you would flat out die or quit on the first summer day.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I hear you man. No doubt nursing is a job that not everyone can do. It requires intelligence, attention to detail, organization, the ability to deal well with high stress scenarios, working long hours. But definitely not what Id call a physically demanding / heavy manual labor type job.

To give you an ilustration: if you could magically give a roofer your knowledge and skillset, he could go on to do your shift, no problem.

Now reverse scenarios and you would flat out die or quit on the first summer day.

Not me lol...I grew up on a farm and i did two tours in the desert...I know what real work is lol...hence why I went to school so disn't have to play that game anymore lol

Problem is I spend more time at work these days than I want to...my bassboat misses me...and I miss her lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not me lol...I grew up on a farm and i did two tours in the desert...I know what real work is lol...hence why I went to school so disn't have to play that game anymore lol

Problem is I spend more time at work these days than I want to...my bassboat misses me...and I miss her lol

Amen to that bro.

What was your job in the service?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

No offense, but Go work as a nurse and then holler back at us. You lift overweight people off the floor with them refusing to help or pick up the 400lb woman who says she cannot scoot up in the bed.
There are tons of different positions nurses can work and some are more labor intensive than others.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No offense, but Go work as a nurse and then holler back at us. You lift overweight people off the floor with them refusing to help or pick up the 400lb woman who says she cannot scoot up in the bed.
There are tons of different positions nurses can work and some are more labor intensive than others.

No offense taken. But your bias is clouding your judgement. Go work as a oil rig worker, roofer, farmer, lumberjack, crab fisherman, construction worker and then get back to me.

You are equating performing the occasional heavy load (with help) on a temperature controled environment against guys / jobs that require that you do that for hours non-stop, on shit weather and working conditions.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I work in the oil field and theres always some new engineer girl that thinks she can do anything a man can do but when she needs to come out side and swing a hammer for 12 hours straight like every man on location

Ya Frac. Yes there is better jobs but when you get hired to do something wether your a man or a women you need to do it and not pull the women card.

Now now stop it lol.

There aint ONE dude on a frac site swinging a hammer for 12 hours. I've been on dozen and dozens of frac sites from pennsylvania, to TX, NM, CO, ND

Aint no damn reason for anybody to swing a hammer for 12 hours. Here's the reason people get on frac sites.

YOU DONT WORK THAT HARD.

You rig up and rig down. Once the site is up, all of us sit our lazy asses in trucks and watch the engineers in the command center do the work lol

Frac?

Id have to agree with her, there are better jobs then swinging a hammer for 12 hours.

Yes and No.

There's plenty of " hammer swingers" on frac sites making 100k and more a year

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Go work as a oil rig worker,

on shit weather and working conditions.

That 2nd part is why they paid what they do.

Has nothing to do with the actual work. It's the conditions.

I'd much rather deal with human feces, than be stuck on a frac site for 96 hours trapped from snow in -50 degree weather rationing out food and liquid til they get us out of there

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That 2nd part is why they paid what they do.

Has nothing to do with the actual work. It's the conditions.

I'd much rather deal with human feces, than be stuck on a frac site for 96 hours trapped from snow in -50 degree weather rationing out food and liquid til they get us out of there

Not sure why quoting me.... i think it is clear that I agree with your POV.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
No offense taken. But your bias is clouding your judgement. Go work as a oil rig worker, roofer, farmer, lumberjack, crab fisherman, construction worker and then get back to me.

You are equating performing the occasional heavy load (with help) on a temperature controled environment against guys / jobs that require that you do that for hours non-stop, on shit weather and working conditions.

Listen brocephus i grew up in a family of mechanics and spent time in the military. I smell what you are cooking.
Not all nurses work in hospitals.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Listen brocephus i grew up in a family of mechanics and spent time in the military. I smell what you are cooking.
Not all nurses work in hospitals.

What am I cooking bromenio?

I am just stating facts mein. If you knew me, youd know this to be true.

Im not saying nursing cannot be hard work. Im simply saying that it is not quite up to the level of hardship as some of the other jobs pointed out.

Users who are viewing this thread