Won't start after tune

shake this

Established Member
Was not sure if ok to post this here so move it if needed.

Here is the problem posted by a nother guy from a different board but now I have the same problem and am looking for some help.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced what may be referred to as the PCM going into a failsafe mode to ptotect it against damage when an electrical problem is detected? The symptoms associated with this are as follows:
1. when the ignition switch is turned forward, the electric cooling fans turn on, and stay on.
2. the digital odometer display looks like this _ _ _ _ _ _
3. the engine will still crank, but won't start, coupled with the electric cooling fans running

Is there anyone who can tell me how to bring the car out of this mode without taking it to the dealer?
Thanks,
Manny

And I have the same problem as he had, here is what I've tried.

I was installing my new tune and because I’ve changed and reinstalled tunes a few times I was not watching the prompt on the screen. I hit the continue button before turning the key off and now I’m locked out.

I tried disconnecting the battery and installing the factory tune from the predator but it won’t work. Short of having it towed to the dealer for a computer flash, does anyone have a fix that I could try?

shake this

Established Member
20 views and no answer. Come on guys it's almost 11:00 on Sunday night and I need the car running so I can go to work in the morning. Some of you might not know how bad it sucks seeing your car in the driveway and not being able to drive it. Takes me back to when I was 15 and had my first car but was not allowed to drive until I turned 16.

Someone please give me the magic answer.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
I had a 03 mach 1 , sounds simular to what happend to me , your P.A.T.S Device failed and is now in lock down anti theft mode ,
Does the red theft light in your guage cluster also flash while you try to start the car while turning it over ???????? if so , its Tow Truck time , to the nearest Dealer you trust , cause only the dealer has the computer software to reprogram and Flash the CPU..............

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I could've sworn that there was a recovery procedure you can follow to get the factory tune back in the computer in this situation.

Check on Diablo's Web site or check the Predator manual.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
Yeah check for the theft light. If It's on your SOL. I think its around $100 or more for them to reprogram it. It donesnt take long to do though.

shake this

Established Member
Sent out a few emails this morning. The best going to Dave at Injected racing. His advise worked and his response was fast.

After 30+ minutes on hold for Tech support, I'm back on the road again. The Diablo tech had to force the factory tune back to the computer. Why could I not do it you might ask? For some reason you must have a password to get into the force option for the factory tune. Why, I don't know but it was better then paying a tow bill and shop rate to get the computer flashed again. Thanks to Dave at Injected racing for his help and fast response.

Moral of this story. Any time your playing with the programmer, make sure all power accessories are off including cell phone charges and radar detectors. This will happen anytime the programmer registers a spike in voltage. It can be reversed by Diablo or a dealership but like most of us I work on my car during the weekend and on a Sunday both options are closed. My poor car had to sit in the drive-way unprotected all night. At least I knew it was not going to drive off. LOL

Thanks for the advise and I'm glad to be back on the road again.

venomboysvt

Established Member
Did you put thr predator tune back on to your car. was that the problem though was you had like thr radio on or something? reason why i ask is I had a similar situation, but it is fixed now. Iam sketchy on using it again, but now i remember that the radio and stuff might have been on. Just seeing if you are running the tune in your car after that the incident. thanks bro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread