Woo hoo!!! Getting dyno tuned by danny swanson

SVT99RED

Established Member
just letting you guys know that my truck is getting an awsome valentines gift at 10am on feb 14th... Woohoo!! it is well needed... And they wife gets a trip to la.. ha ha... will post dyno numbers when its done!!!

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Just make sure you like the a/f numbers and the timing. I aint gonna say anything bad about Swanson, but I'm sure if you did a search here and at NLOC, you might find some stuff to sway you into going somewhere else in SoCal.

Stewart

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
congrats. im actually going their too on the 21 of feb. tell him SERGIO from BAKERSFIELD sent you. he will hook you up on dyno time. I GOT MY PORTED BLOWER & OTHER GOODIES, SO I NEED A NEW TUNE. ARE YOU GOING TO FAMOSO ON THE 26 OF february.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Forgot to add...if you can, record your dyno session and post some video links!

Good luck!

FordFanStan

Established Member
If I remember right Danny charges $200 per hour of dyno time right? and He estimates 3 hours so 600 bones? I cant recall if theres a seperate tuning fee or not? For a mail order tune, (in person just not on the dyno through the xcal2), he charged me $350 I think it was for one break in tune, (9* & 9:1 A/F) and no race tune. Not trying to start a war, but many people have had great luck with Danny, he use to tune the fastset stock block in the west (11.6 ET), and then there has been many stories of people with not so great of luck too... Stan

2tonOfun

Established Member
I would just throw into the mix here,
Greg Monroe at Racers Edge Tuning in Downey Ca. (562-445-7001).
He knows his shit, He takes his time (and doesn't charge by the hour I believe) and he understands the meaning of customer service. because lets face it, you pay GOOD money for these services and you should get every pennies worth out of your tuner. I believe I do with R.E.T.

Swansons has the reputation, I know that R.E.T. will also very soon.

luv2drum1

Established Member
2tonOfun said:
He knows his shit, He takes his time (and doesn't charge by the hour I believe) and he understands the meaning of customer service. because lets face it, you pay GOOD money for these services and you should get every pennies worth out of your tuner. I believe I do with R.E.T.

I couldn't agree more with the above comment. Greg's prices are very fair and reasonable. He charges a flat rate and doesn't let you leave until you are happy. By far the best tune's that I have rec'd for my truck have been from Greg. Give him a call just to explore your options. You won't be dissapointed. Later.

SVT99RED

Established Member
2tonOfun said:

The reason i am not going to greg is because he wanted me to switch to sct when i already have the predator... just dont want to spend the extra 350.. but when he gets the rest of the training he said he needed i will definatly check him out!! :rolling:

I'D WIN

Established Member
BLK54 said:
what did he cahrge you? is it worth going out of town for, i just dont know if i trust anyone in town.

Dyno Dan over off of Craig Road knows his chit and can hook you up!

2tonOfun

Established Member
SVT99RED said:
The reason i am not going to greg is because he wanted me to switch to sct when i already have the predator... just dont want to spend the extra 350.. but when he gets the rest of the training he said he needed i will definatly check him out!! :rolling:

That's a good reason.
I actually switched to SCT so that Greg could tune my truck (I had a Diablosport Delta chip) and sold my old one on ebay for $100.00 to help offset the cost.
Let us know how it all works out. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread