Woo hoo!!! Getting dyno tuned by danny swanson

SVT99RED

Established Member
That was my bros wife on there sending a tracking number to bigbirdjr for the boost actuator... The results were less that i expected it dyno at 390 hp and 490 tq... Kinda low i thought but it pulls alot better... First run it dynoed at 380 second was 390 and so was the 3rd... tq went from 470 to 490... Sorry it took so long to post but i just got back into town... Before i got to dannys i got a ticket for a "unsafe lane change" Then on the way home, i was about 15 miles out and my front driverside tire blew... Luckly, the drs were sitting on my doorstep so they got put on today... Woo hoo... We'll see how she does at the track cause i think the #'s are a little low, but with my mods i gain like 80 wheel hp, seeing as the 99's dyno at 300-320 stock...

FordFanStan

Established Member
So youll be there for the famoso meet up since your only 45 to an hour out right? Ill add your name to the list. Oh yeah my stock numbers (99-00 same) are in my sig... Stan

SVT99RED

Established Member
wow 369 stock!!! :eek: there only susposed to come with 360 at flywheel in 99-00

Oh yes i will be there!! What time to gate open and when does the fun start??

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Maybe at the crank but stock RWHP on a 99/00 is not that high...I dont give a hoot, that is wrong!

Its not even that high on the 01's-up.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I'd Win, Im not for sure how they could have messed with my numbers :shrug: as I watched them dyno it on a dyno-jet xxx (forgot which model?) and there was no tuning involved. That was my for my baseline tune with only a K&N drop in. There was a slight spike midway through and they thought it to be the T/C converter locking up??...

SVT99RED said:
Oh yes i will be there!! What time to gate open and when does the fun start??

SVT99RED, I added your name to the list, read the "cen cal meeting/drag day" thread for info... Stan

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
What gear did they start the dyno recorder at?

Are you sure your truck was stock at the time?

Something got fubar'd.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Yes completely stock except the K&N drop in. They started the pull in third around 3250rpm per my command so it wouldnt downshift. The graph says max was 369.45/412.96. The peak hp was in the spike, witout the spike the peak hp was right at 331 it looks. the peak trq was not in the spike, at the beginning it hit 412??? Stan

SVT99RED

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Congrats on the numbers!! How much boost were you making, what were the conditions, your a/f and timing? Just curious.

boost was around 14 #'s and a/f went from 11.7 to almost 11.8... not sure about the timing but i am going to plug my predator into the comp and see where he set it, i completely forgot to ask about timing cause the a/f was right on. Forgot to put that it was 75 in the shop with 33.2 humidity... ?? aleast thats what the comp said when we did the pulls

Last edited:

luv2drum1

Established Member
SVT99RED said:
That was my bros wife on there sending a tracking number to bigbirdjr for the boost actuator... The results were less that i expected it dyno at 390 hp and 490 tq... Kinda low i thought but it pulls alot better... First run it dynoed at 380 second was 390 and so was the 3rd... tq went from 470 to 490... Sorry it took so long to post but i just got back into town... Before i got to dannys i got a ticket for a "unsafe lane change" Then on the way home, i was about 15 miles out and my front driverside tire blew... Luckly, the drs were sitting on my doorstep so they got put on today... Woo hoo... We'll see how she does at the track cause i think the #'s are a little low, but with my mods i gain like 80 wheel hp, seeing as the 99's dyno at 300-320 stock...

Dyno number's aren't everything. As long as your air/fuel and timing is safe. Should be happy with that. See what your track results are first and then think about making some changes. Good luck and see you at Famoso. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread