wood playground/playset recommendations

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
So I won my office bracket and I'm going to use the money for a playset for the kids. I was originally going to build my own but i think I'm just going to buy a kit. trying to avoid one that'll fall apart in 2 years. im looking at backyard discovery sets right now. budget is <$1500.

suggestions?

Tmatt142

Established Member
Doesn't really matter which one you get, once you put it up, they won't play on it anyways! Isn't that how it goes with the kiddos? lol :)

hoamskilet

Established Member
We're apparently getting one pretty quick here as well. I didn't realize how stupid expensive these things are

snakedoctor

Established Member
If you're gonna put it together yourself, block off some time. I bought my kids one a few years back and it took me roughly 16 hours and a 12 pack of miller lite to put it together.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
watch out for ones without the wood preservative treatment already on them. its some kind of overcoat that reduces splinters and such after years of weathering. neighbor's kid got a splinter that was 2.5" long and had to be removed at the hospital. looked flat nasty. he went the next day and demolished it and bought one of the heavy duty plastic ones.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
My buddy bought the one on display at costco. Cost about $1k or so. It took the two of us about 8 hours to put it together. That was about 8 years ago. Its still standing strong. Great quality. We plan to get one as well

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
That is what we have, needs some more stain again but it outlasted the nylon rope set which seems to be falling apart lol.

Users who are viewing this thread