Wooo Hooo Shaftmasters Drive Shaft arrived

OBX Steve

Banned
I just installed a coast performance aluminum 4" driveshaft this weekend. I'm lowered 1.5" all the way around. Flawless install didn't even have to move the E brake bracket or punch In some of the body underneath the car like the company suggested. No adjustable UCA installed. Absolutely no vibrations at any speed. Didn't get it for $539 though. That's a great deal!

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
My car is a manual trans. I contacted S/M today and spoke to David. We went over a few things on the phone, he was super helpful and professional. In the end I removed the shaft and am sending it back to S/M for analysis.

Good deal....David is a great guy and will get ya all straightened out....

let us know the results...

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
@OP did u pick up 2 tenths in quarter mile??/
@D2M is your car auto or manual? good luck on fixing vibration
im very interested but dont want a vibration

I have no reference of just the shaft....I do know that it is much lighter than the stock.....

The reason I have no reference is I did several things at once and picked up much more than the .2 LOL....one of the things I picked up was the tires LOL!!!!

IMG_1332.gif

hoodley

Established Member
That thing looks good leavin out! need come on over to carolina dragway next time out.

viperakron

Established Member
Just installed a Shaftmasters I got with the special price. Good quality, took it out and hammered it, cruised it up to 90 MPH. Just like stock> I'm Happy

I think it's important to index the trans output and pinion to the orientation of the stock DS. Mark em and put the new one in with the marks in the same place.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
That thing looks good leavin out! need come on over to carolina dragway next time out.

Wheeewwwww that's a nice little trek from my location.....LOL

maybe we can make it over there one day.....when we do, I will let you know

hoodley

Established Member
Wheeewwwww that's a nice little trek from my location.....LOL

maybe we can make it over there one day.....when we do, I will let you know

Man its worth it! We got an awesome track, and some good grudge completion if your into that.

I have been wanting to come to darlington street car race, but its a ride from here, my car prolly to slow to compete, I plan to make it there on drag week though.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Just ordered a shaftmaster and I am lowered about 1.25".. little worried now since i dont have an adjustable UCA! I actually wanted to avoid it for as long as possible because I dont wnat NVH but if install the shaft and get NVH I guess im screwed either way.

04compgt

Established Member
I think it's important to index the trans output and pinion to the orientation of the stock DS. Mark em and put the new one in with the marks in the same place.

This is very true, The transmission has a yellow mark and so does the rear end pinion flange, I paid close attention to both and did the same exact thing when installing the shaftmasters driveshaft. I get absolutely no vibration and feels like stock.

vortecd

Established Member
I have Eibach springs and didn't have to play with pinion angle

9secWS6

Established Member
Mine vibrated initially with Eibach Pro springs @ around 80-90mph. I put the BMR UCA and bracket on, set pinion angle to -2 and its smooth as silk at any speed.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Black Friday Sale 2015???

I know this is an old post, BUMP, was just wondering how I could find out if Shaftmasters are having another BlackFriday sale this year. I tried Emailing them from their site but something's wrong with my Email or their Email. Anyway thought it'd be a good time to try and get an aftermarket DS on my 2011 GT. I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I can get them on the phone.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member

can u explain how to do this indexing and pics will help?i think your install can help a lot of members

nyuk98GT

Established Member
You guys... the door of the crypt has been re-opened.

kona 199:

Indexing refers to the process of uninstalling and re-installing the driveshaft (pinion end) by 180 degrees, then 90 degrees Iif necessary), then 180 degrees (if necessary) to eliminate/reduce vibration.

If you use the bolt on the pinion flange nearest to the yellow stripe as the reference bolt, then the starting installation position can be called 12 o'clock. If the first test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 180 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 6 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the second test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 90 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 9 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the third test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 180 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 3 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the fourth test ride proves vibration is present then it's time to call the d/s vendor and have the driveshaft rebalanced or replaced.

Of course, you should check the pinion angle first because indexing will not make up for a bad pinion angle.

BigmotoXer:

There's nothing on the Shaftmasters site about a Black Friday coupon and I couldn't find a generic SVT Perfomance coupon so after you get off the phone with them tomorrow, please post up if they have any deals for the season, lol.

HTH,

Chris

Last edited:

shaftmasters

Established Member
I know this is an old post, BUMP, was just wondering how I could find out if Shaftmasters are having another BlackFriday sale this year. I tried Emailing them from their site but something's wrong with my Email or their Email. Anyway thought it'd be a good time to try and get an aftermarket DS on my 2011 GT. I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I can get them on the phone.

Hello SVT members,
We recently lowered our driveshaft price from $599.99 to $574.99.
We have always offered our products at a price that we consider to be fair to both the consumer and to us.
This has always made our driveshafts the least expensive on the market 365 days a year. Combine that with our Free UPS Ground shipping to the continental U.S. and we think that it is unbeatable.
Because of this we do not have any plans for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday price reduction.

Thanks,
Shaftmasters Inc.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
You guys... the door of the crypt has been re-opened.

kona 199:

Indexing refers to the process of uninstalling and re-installing the driveshaft (pinion end) by 180 degrees, then 90 degrees Iif necessary), then 180 degrees (if necessary) to eliminate/reduce vibration.

If you use the bolt on the pinion flange nearest to the yellow stripe as the reference bolt, then the starting installation position can be called 12 o'clock. If the first test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 180 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 6 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the second test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 90 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 9 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the third test ride proves vibration is present then unbolt the d/s at the pinion flange and rotate the d/s by 180 degrees (the key bolt will now be at 3 o'clock) and re-tighten the bolts to spec. If the fourth test ride proves vibration is present then it's time to call the d/s vendor and have the driveshaft rebalanced or replaced.

Of course, you should check the pinion angle first because indexing will not make up for a bad pinion angle.

BigmotoXer:

There's nothing on the Shaftmasters site about a Black Friday coupon and I couldn't find a generic SVT Perfomance coupon so after you get off the phone with them tomorrow, please post up if they have any deals for the season, lol.

HTH,

Chris

thanks.that will be of some help for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread