Wooo Hooo Shaftmasters Drive Shaft arrived

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Have you guys found the ADS to be a noticeable mod for better times, or is it more of a piece of mind mod to avoid breakage?

Shaftmasters claims about .2 quicker 1/4 ETs.....we will see....I definitely can tell it feels a little crisper now under start line acceleration....and no more clunk when going in revers and such (mine's an auto)....

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The butt dyno is in play for a new 1 piece.... .2 is not much of an increase, the real value is the strength of the 1 piece....enjoy it!

goat-ee

Established Member
The butt dyno is in play for a new 1 piece.... .2 is not much of an increase, the real value is the strength of the 1 piece....enjoy it!

While I agree that the best reason for the swap is the strength, but I disagree that .2 (which is also 2mph) in the quarter is not much. That's 20hp worth of mods!!
Guys give a lot of money for gains like that. And in this case there really is no downside, like a lot of mods.

I would even go so far as to say that, besides a tune, one of the better hp mods you can do!! :beer:

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I agree too....

.2 from 11.1 would give you 10.9, so that would make for a happy day at the track....

the strength and less rotational mass are the big improvements, but I would be more than happy from .2 from any mod....

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I just ordered one a few minutes ago. Skeptical on needing it with an auto, but for the price I guess it's worth a shot.

mine is an auto, and it sure feels much crisper on acceleration....

and it is a huge weight off your shoulders knowing it is stronger

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I just ordered one a few minutes ago. Skeptical on needing it with an auto, but for the price I guess it's worth a shot.

I was thinking it less rotating weight so it should be smoother also I know most don't care but I wonder if it will pick up any MPG on the freeway. I also have an auto.

mine is an auto, and it sure feels much crisper on acceleration....

and it is a huge weight off your shoulders knowing it is stronger

that's what I wanted to know if it feels smoother and lighter also any MPG improvements on the freeway? I also have an auto.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
ive had nothing but horrible luck with auto and aluminum driveshafts...had a dss on my 2011 auto and I swear it was as if the whole car was coming apart...I then sent it back 3 times they exchanged it and all 3 times it would vibrate....I then got an axel exchange DS for my Shelby bolted it in and smooth as butter....ordered one for my 13gt auto and put it in and I have a vibration...I also put in the bmr adjustable upper and adjusted the angle about 7 times to +3 all the way to -3 in varying positions...the instructions said negative 2.4 was the optimum angle....im lowered on eibach pro kit...my other buddy with a 12 auto and 100% stock ride height has zero vibration with the same driveshaft...I am beginning to think that lowered autos will have some sort of ds vibration regardless of make....im inclined to sell my axel exchange ds and grab one of these shaftmasters...when I swap my stock shaft back in the car im vibration free so I know its the ds....$539 shipped seems like a great deal...but im skeptical that any ds on my car will be vibration free....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
ive had nothing but horrible luck with auto and aluminum driveshafts...had a dss on my 2011 auto and I swear it was as if the whole car was coming apart...I then sent it back 3 times they exchanged it and all 3 times it would vibrate....I then got an axel exchange DS for my Shelby bolted it in and smooth as butter....ordered one for my 13gt auto and put it in and I have a vibration...I also put in the bmr adjustable upper and adjusted the angle about 7 times to +3 all the way to -3 in varying positions...the instructions said negative 2.4 was the optimum angle....im lowered on eibach pro kit...my other buddy with a 12 auto and 100% stock ride height has zero vibration with the same driveshaft...I am beginning to think that lowered autos will have some sort of ds vibration regardless of make....im inclined to sell my axel exchange ds and grab one of these shaftmasters...when I swap my stock shaft back in the car im vibration free so I know its the ds....$539 shipped seems like a great deal...but im skeptical that any ds on my car will be vibration free....

That sucks too hear. I'm still on stock ride hight so I'm not expect ing to adjust anything.

hitmix300

Established Member
No vibration here I have drove my car with a shaft masters for about 30 miles with no issues yet.

nowwhat

Established Member
Just ordered mine because I couldn't pass on the price. Will report after I receive and install it.

kingcobra323

Established Member
@Me32 Ive had my shaftmasters for about 1000 miles and have noticed an improvement in highway mpg +2mpgs averaging 75-80. Though I just installed a 3c. Now street driving went down but Highway the same. Ive seen 27mpg

Posted via Topify on Android

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
@Me32 Ive had my shaftmasters for about 1000 miles and have noticed an improvement in highway mpg +2mpgs averaging 75-80. Though I just installed a 3c. Now street driving went down but Highway the same. Ive seen 27mpg

what gear ratio do you have?

I am thinking of getting a 2C in mine, but I still have the 3.15 gears, so I am not sure it is worth it until a gear replacement....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback this was what I was looking for. 2mpg on the freeway is a great improvement.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Im still on 3.15s. Which I plan on keeping. I was gonna go 2c also. But Chris said go 3c and I wouldnt regret it. So far the wife doesn't know I've done anything.

Users who are viewing this thread