Wooo Hooo Shaftmasters Drive Shaft arrived

BMR Tech

Sweet!

I send a ton of customers their way, and the customers usually always thank me afterwards. We may be putting one on our 2011 soon, just waiting for the stocker to fail.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I had vibration issues with mine initially. My car is lowered, so I installed a bmr uca to dial in the pinion angle and that fixed it right up.

I've put 8000k on since then, no issues.

if you don't mind me asking, what did you set your pinion angle to?

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
$539 shipped is definitely a nice price. After I get some slicks I'll probably pick one up myself. You said there wasn't any weights? So it's unbalanced?

just unwrapped the entire shaft....you had me wondering....I was mistaken, there are indeed weights on it....they are smoothly blended into the shaft....so it is balanced...and the yellow mark on the yoke coincides with the weight...

Again, my mistake, it does have weights....:bash:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Make sure when you install it line the welded weight at the rear of the shaft up with the yellow mark on the rear diff...

Sorry gotta call bs on that. The shaft is balanced by itself not with a trans and diff attached to it. I put my aftermarket ds on with out looking at marks and just put my stock one back on with out the marks being lined up. No vibrations on either one.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
just unwrapped the entire shaft....you had me wondering....I was mistaken, there are indeed weights on it....they are smoothly blended into the shaft....so it is balanced...and the yellow mark on the yoke coincides with the weight...

Again, my mistake, it does have weights....:bash:

Lol, I was gonna say that sounds a bit odd. A driveshaft producer that doesn't balance.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Also if you ever have to take the shaft out in the future you have a reference mark to put the shaft back in exactly the way it came out...that's critical. I've read to many posts here where guys took there shafts out and threw them back in any which way and suddenly the shaft that was balanced now vibrates!

D.T.R

Established Member
I have one. Love it.
No vibrations issues what so ever. I wish mine was $539. I paid $600 :(

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Also if you ever have to take the shaft out in the future you have a reference mark to put the shaft back in exactly the way it came out...that's critical. I've read to many posts here where guys took there shafts out and threw them back in any which way and suddenly the shaft that was balanced now vibrates!

Impossible. These drive shafts are not tailored to individual cars. I doubt the output shaft from the trans and pinion/yolk on the diff are so far off balance that it takes a custom balanced drive shaft to keep it all balanced. The only thing Iv ever heard like that and was true was the old LT1 engines that had externally balanced cranks. I'm not trying to start shit but it's kinda crazy to imply the drive shaft is balanced that way.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
^this position of the shaft (giggity) in relation to the pinion or transmission flange shouldn't
make a bit of difference.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Shaft is installed...nice crisp acceleration....NO VIBRATION....:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Shaftmasters still has them 10% off (through Dec 15th) if anyone wants one....

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
That's good to hear with no vibration.....how long did it take you to install and did you do it on jack stands? I'm in the market for a DS and for that price it seems like a no brainier.

hitmix300

Established Member
6n5a.jpg

Made a visit to the ShaftMasters shop a couple of nights ago. I'm really impressed with their customer service and the quality they put out from the shop. I had a long conversation with one of the employees there and he was very helpful and they have a really good operation going.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I had my car at the local dealership, getting a leaking pinion seal replaced...since they already had the shaft out, I let them throw the Shaftmasters in....no charge....

It should take about an hour or so on your back with ramps and stands....install seems straight forward....

it is high quality, and David with Shaftmasters is on the spot when it comes to customer service....

And that is one Ginormous picture :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wow 539 $ shipped is a killer deal. How did you get the deal?

nonliberal

Established Member
Have you guys found the ADS to be a noticeable mod for better times, or is it more of a piece of mind mod to avoid breakage?

burke985

Established Member
I've had no issues with mine and it's been off the car twice and put back on. I've made a few runs up to 160 so far and zero issues , been on the car for about 6000 miles now

Users who are viewing this thread