Working on the GT

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Working on the GT(New Clutch)

Here are some pics of the GT. Putting a new clutch in. Well clutch was fine the pressure plate went bad for some reason. Working on jack stands are one big pain:fm::cuss::mj:!!! I usually do work on a lift but couldnt this time. I am replacing the Spec stage 2 with a Spec stage 3+. New pressure plate bolts will be here tuesday. Here they are:
Pictures by 02supercharged - Photobucket

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice setup you have. Must be a blast to drive. How do you like the T-56 compared to the old TR-3650? I mean, as far as over rowing through the gears.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
How the hell did you get the tranny to clear the bottom of your car with those jack stands?

I'm wondering the same! I'd be tempted to try to a clutch replacement at home, but I have nothing more than a few jacks and stands similar to those in the pics. :shrug:

Bluebullit

Established Member
its as tight fit but you can make it fit.

just did one on a buddies mach and we had the stands maxed out though but we got it to fit. its easier if you take the front rim off on the side you plan on pulling the tranny out from under the car.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I never had a 3650 in it. I took out the auto and put the T-56 in. I love the T-56 wouldnt want any other tranny!!!! I took the tranny out first then I took the bell housing off. Like I said I dont work on jack stands this is the first time.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
How the hell did you get the tranny to clear the bottom of your car with those jack stands?

I'm wondering the same! I'd be tempted to try to a clutch replacement at home, but I have nothing more than a few jacks and stands similar to those in the pics. :shrug:

Trust me there is plenty of room...

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Tomarrow the new clutch will be in!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! I have been threw withdraw. Have not driven her for over a week. I'm waiting on ups to bring me my bolts!!!! Hurry UP!!!!

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Like I said, I love the T-56. You know whats funny when people get into my car(not to drive it just looking) I tell them I put a 6 speed in and they look at my shift knob and see its only a 5 speed they ask why and I say" So if someone ever got into my car to steel it, they cant, because they will never find reverse:lol::lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never had a 3650 in it. I took out the auto and put the T-56 in. I love the T-56 wouldnt want any other tranny!!!! I took the tranny out first then I took the bell housing off. Like I said I dont work on jack stands this is the first time.

Oh wow! I thought it was a 5-speed to 6-speed conversion. Awesome! :rockon:

mustanggt400hp

Established Member
yeah dude i just did the same thing on jack stands and it sucked balls...when we finally finished it up the new spec throwout bearing squeaked bad so I had to do it alllll over again and put in a Ford TOB. I was so pissed!

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
yeah dude i just did the same thing on jack stands and it sucked balls...when we finally finished it up the new spec throwout bearing squeaked bad so I had to do it alllll over again and put in a Ford TOB. I was so pissed!

That sucks, When it comes to stuff like that you are just better off buing it from ford.

Got the new clutch in and it still wont go into gear so I gess there is something wrong with the tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread