World's Fastest Mercury Marauder

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
This is a friend of mine's. He owns three Marauders and has a lot of fun with them. Not bad for such a heavy car. :rockon:

60ft 1.284
330 3.606
660 5.505 @ 126.01
1000 7.155
1320 8.541 @ 167.07

[youtube_browser]hWw--ibOQ4A[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]fWfsR5JqdTs[/youtube_browser]

One of his other Marauders being tuned:

[youtube_browser]I_qMGIE-vPA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Yeah, it's fast :D

Do you have any pictures you could upload?

Oh, I suppose... :-D Let's see the BBC haters...

0181.jpg

01721.jpg

DSCN01711.jpg

mmm.jpg

IMG_0405a1.jpg

Joe3a.jpg

Joe4.jpg

Joe2.jpg

Paulinator

Established Member
so is it still a marauder if it has a chevy motor and transmission? wouldnt it just be a grand marquis with a motor swap?

Kiohtee

Established Member
so is it still a marauder if it has a chevy motor and transmission? wouldnt it just be a grand marquis with a motor swap?

Wouldn't I still have a '97 Cobra even if it had an LS1 engine? I figured most people would conclude that this Marauder doesn't still have the stock 4V that came in it even before entering the thread.

Anyway... Your buddy has a nice MM there! Doesn't hurt that it's kinda fast either. :rockon:

9699cobra1

Established Member
There are 7 second 4 valves out there .. maybe not marauders but still would've been cooler if this thing had a modular. Nevertheless , your friend has a fast Marauder

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
It would of course still be a Marauder. It has a Marauder VIN, body panels, interior pieces, ect.

It may still be a Marauder by those terms, but claiming worlds fastest Marauder is a dumb comment with a different motor etc.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm not sure whats gayer, the fact that it might as well be called the "mercury impala", or the fact that he actually put "worlds fastest marauder" on the front bumper... I know if this guy was around 5 years ago on mm.net and did this, people would have went to his house with lynches and pitchforks for putting a GM motor in a marauder... Sorry, back up, in a MARAUDER.

Sorry, but I still have a ton of respect for martyo's procharged marauder running 9's with a 4.6, this car, not so much. Theirs more ways to go fast then the old method of "Stick a BBC in it!"

Maybe I'll strap a saturn V rocket to my roof and claim the title of "world fastest marauder" just to make that bolded statement inaccurate...

There are 7 second 4 valves out there .. maybe not marauders but still would've been cooler if this thing had a modular.

Yuh

94venomV8

Established Member
It may still be a Marauder by those terms, but claiming worlds fastest Marauder is a dumb comment with a different motor etc.

+1 But on a side note, I know a buddy of mine that has the worlds fastest Mustang...
JForceFriQualALLNJacobson[1]_lg.JPG

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
A lot of respect to Martin O. I understand and appreciate his work and accomplishments. However, Joe, (the owner of this beast) does have two other Marauders with FRPP engines. He may have the second fastest, after his first, this coming summer. This would be fastest MM in the world with a mod motor. The ONLY reason this engine is in this car is purely simple economics. He invested a lot of money in this engine and it was in a MarkVIII that rolled at a track. The engine, sc and a few other parts were salvageable. Gratuitous pics of said car:

10017.jpg

10015.jpg

100071.jpg

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Both the 1st and second fastest Marauders are amazing.
However, I will always find it humorous that both owners dont wrench on their cars, nor do they even drive them.

It really is comical when you think about this.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Dennis Francis loves building and driving them and Joe loves the other side of the coin. To each their own, but, we're all having fun and that's the point of it. Right? I do all my own wrenching. I wouldn't have it any other way. Some of us aren't good with wrenches though. Some I would actually take the wrench away from.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
I agree with that!!! Good to see you again karter!

Oh... I found a pic of Marty's car btw!!! :banana:

Woohoo2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread