World's Fastest Mercury Marauder

oldmodman

Established Member
Really, really impressive.

I have always loved Marauders.

And as far as I am concerned it could have a jet engine in it and it would still be a Marauder.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Still mid 9's. He's having more fun in his shop. I haven't seen him mention anything track related in a long time. (getting old I guess!) :dancenana:

Yeah I was PMing him about some shop stuff last week... Sucks he didn't open up shop in NY, I'd drive out there :shrug:

Maybe having the "WORLDS FASTEST MARAUDER" would be good advertising for Mo's :thumbsup:

wma8706

Established Member
I don't get it. Why do some people put Chevy motors into Ford cars? Is it because of cost or are the Chevy motors actually superior to what Ford has to offer? It's like an Audi with a BMW motor or ZO6 powered by a viper motor.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't get it. Why do some people put Chevy motors into Ford cars? Is it because of cost or are the Chevy motors actually superior to what Ford has to offer? It's like an Audi with a BMW motor or ZO6 powered by a viper motor.

Thats exactly it, tons of SBC/BBC parts on the market. But honestly it would be more like

An audi with a chevy motor
A BMW with a chevy motor
A Z06 with ..... well obviously, yeah

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
There are 7 second 4 valves out there .. maybe not marauders but still would've been cooler if this thing had a modular. Nevertheless , your friend has a fast Marauder

exactly. keep ford engines in fords and chevy engines in chevy's. it can be as fast as it wants but im not a fan

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Pics of the second Marauder of his with a (ahem!) FRPP 5.0 Boss stroked.

IMG_0813a.jpg

IMG_0812a.jpg

IMG_0811a.jpg

IMG_0814a.jpg

IMG_0816a.jpg

IMG_0815a.jpg

95PGTTech

Established Member

For us (road race), the 4.6 could not make the same torque powerband that the LS guys could. Within the weight per HP rules, this was an extreme advantage for them compared to the very-peaky-HP 4.6L 4Vs. My wife and I tried to stay Ford - a 4.6L 2V and then a 302 pushrod - and had better, but similar results.

For drag racers, it's hard to argue with a 6.0L longblock that bolts into your Mustang that can make 700+ on the stock shortblock.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I'm not sure whats gayer, the fact that it might as well be called the "mercury impala", or the fact that he actually put "worlds fastest marauder" on the front bumper... I know if this guy was around 5 years ago on mm.net and did this, people would have went to his house with lynches and pitchforks for putting a GM motor in a marauder... Sorry, back up, in a MARAUDER.

Sorry, but I still have a ton of respect for martyo's procharged marauder running 9's with a 4.6, this car, not so much. Theirs more ways to go fast then the old method of "Stick a BBC in it!"

Maybe I'll strap a saturn V rocket to my roof and claim the title of "world fastest marauder" just to make that bolded statement inaccurate...

Yuh

I wish there was a Like button in this place.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
The paint makes it look like it got gay-jacked.. Why purple? :dw:

He wanted something different. Maybe not what I would pick, but, it could be a worse purple than that. Takes a little purple to sink some pink anyway, right? :beer:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
so is it still a marauder if it has a chevy motor and transmission? wouldnt it just be a grand marquis with a motor swap?

Yea I'm thinking it's not a marauder unless it's Ford powered. Honestly it's jus another Ford with a SBC in it. It is fast no doubt but I can't call it the fastest marauder without having Ford powering it. Not tryna be disrespectful just my opinion.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Oh, unrelated topic. I thought I saw on MM.net that you were doing blower porting for people... You wouldn't happen to do blower polishing to, would you? :shrug:

Correct and maybe soon! I've done a lot of Al polishing in the last year. It's not too bad when it's mostly flat surfaces. I'll be polishing my own Eaton to a mirror finish this spring when I put the new engine and heads in. I'll let you know how it comes out and how labor intensive it may be. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread