World's Fastest Shelby GT350 takes on a C7 Z06!

cam346

Established Member
i look and as far as i can see the c7zo6 was stock in the heading it just said c7zo6 no mods.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
IDK. My 950-1,000 AWHP GTR does 185 in the standing 1/2 mile. I've also seen most 1,000 RWHP vettes and Caddies hit high 170s in the 1/2. I'm thinking that GT350 was on a happy dyno.

It does sound absolutely amazing though. Love it!
It was on a dynapack dyno, I know where it was tuned in AZ.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
i look and as far as i can see the c7zo6 was stock in the heading it just said c7zo6 no mods.
Holy smokes!!! That is impressive if that is 100% stock. Pick it up from the dealership, slap on some DR's and have at it. I'm thinking that GT350R is more like 825/850 at the tires.

It's funny though, you never really see or hear of anyone running a supercharged GT350. I know that the 2 shops mentioned above had done it about a year ago, but since then, crickets. Last I heard they were waiting for a built clutch. Like I said,....a year ago.

Zemedici

Established Member
It was only a half mile. 169MPH in a half mile isn't bad. Some of the 1000+RWHP Gallardos and GTRs "only" hit 175 in the half. It probably would've been faster if it didn't have the R wing on the back.

That Z06 is obviously modded, and if you listen, you'll hear that it has an automatic transmission.

FWIW Our cars routinely do 175+ with 800whp.....

maybe the car made 923 for the 'dyno number' and then they dialed it back? Seems odd its not on a real tire too

onefastmf

Established Member
Im surprised all the GT350 nut swingers aren't in here trashing this dude for putting a blower on a ford engineered marvel master piece that was absolutely perfect off the showroom and should never need any type of modification and also how dare you race that car is a straight line!!! how dare you!!! Ok I'm done.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Holy smokes!!! That is impressive if that is 100% stock. Pick it up from the dealership, slap on some DR's and have at it. I'm thinking that GT350R is more like 825/850 at the tires.

It's funny though, you never really see or hear of anyone running a supercharged GT350. I know that the 2 shops mentioned above had done it about a year ago, but since then, crickets. Last I heard they were waiting for a built clutch. Like I said,....a year ago.
It's highly unlikely that you'll see many modded 1st-owner GT350s. At least, not with superchargers. If somebody releases a good turbo kit, it might be a different story.

It'll be the 2nd- and 3rd-hand owners that will trash and thrash them a few years from now. You won't see many Rs changing hands, and they're definitely not going to be getting ratted out with mods.

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's highly unlikely that you'll see many modded 1st-owner GT350s. At least, not with superchargers. If somebody releases a good turbo kit, it might be a different story.
My mistake, I saw the wing on the GT350 and automatically thought it was an R car. (That's what I get for assuming, right?!?! lol)
I think Hellion does a pretty good kit and they have a twin turbo for the GT 350 cars.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
are these gt350 bottom ends not letting go with boost? seems it would be a thin line running high compression and high rpm with boost.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's what bypass valves are for.

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Guys, that was a serious gapping up top. 154 vs 169 MPH? That's a ton in the 1/2.

Looked like he was pedalling the hell out of it until a few gears in. Not surprising with what looked like stock size tires. That sucker was leaving the Vette up top hard.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
What gears do the GT350 come with. I imagine not the best for winding the car out in the straight line. It sounds like he was already about at the top of 5th by the time he crossed the line. No point of even shifting into 6th. Car sounded amazing though.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It comes with 3.73:1. With over 8K RPM to work with, short gearing is not an issue.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That Z fell on its face up top, seemed it was pulling until the higher speeds.

That 350 sounded crazy good! I think that's the first I've heard that really impressed me.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Edit: Not saying the GT350 is slow, but with almost 1000hp and I assume able to turn 8+K rpm, I just figured it'd run a little quicker.
Yup. If that were my GT350, I'd be selling it after that. Then again, I'd never buy one in the first place for the price they command.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Im surprised all the GT350 nut swingers aren't in here trashing this dude for putting a blower on a ford engineered marvel master piece that was absolutely perfect off the showroom and should never need any type of modification and also how dare you race that car is a straight line!!! how dare you!!! Ok I'm done.
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
You must be reading the threads on that "other" Mustang forum as well. Funny stuff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread