Worlds FIRST 2022 Ford Lightning EV Dyno Test

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm seeing Trex at 4.5.. that's like 2 lengths off the rip.

Enough time to GAP ..let off.. take the win.. everytime.

And the meme is hilarious... some people can't cope.

No one cares about coast to coast.... light to light is the ultimate benchmark for 99%
Literally just got back from the ford racing display at mustang alley on Woodward.

It's ALL mach Es and lightnings everywhere... 1 500cftp... from the company's showing they are all in on electric.. had some police trucks... cool stuff

No shit its going to be nothing but EV’s at there display. No choice. They are trying to convince normal gearheads that everything is ok. Just come on over to the transgender party.

The EV’s were on full display last year as well. Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
My disdain for EVs is impossible to overstate. Besides anger, sadness creeps in. The future is hopeless. BTW, when in the actual **** did commie bastards start referring to engines in cars as ICE? GTFO with that shit. What drives my rage, is how "car" guys are hopping on the band wagon. Don't worry Ford guys, Dodge is now full speed ahead in this race to the bottom.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Local dealer has a white Lightning out front and I drive by it every day on the way to and from work. It doesn't look special at all in white and actually looks like a fleet service truck. I know it has specific features and probably looks better in other colors but in white it looks even more balnd than an F150 XL fleet truck.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
This is purely for soy boys that want to look like they have had their hands on something other that penis at work.

With a full charge, it can tow as far as my 15 EB F150 will with a 1/4 tank or less.

Yay, it has payload capacity. How much will that cut down range?

Ford has failed again. But did we expect anything less? I mean the Maverick? The only people that should be driving a Maverick is somebody like my wife that wants good gas mileage and the ability to throw stuff she gets from Home Depot or Lowes for home projects. The Mach 1 trans choice was botched.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Raptor R will probably be competitive with the TRX 0-60, so 3.7 seconds.

Lightning does 3.8.

Not to mention you could easily toss a pulley and a tune on the Raptor and make it a no contest.

Lightning may not be so easy.

Honestly, I’m not even sure where you’d put the pulley on the Lightning’s batteries.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I
Honestly, I’m not even sure where you’d put the pulley on the Lightning’s batteries.
I think Duracell came out with an upgraded battery recently that could boost some numbers. I would have to do some digging but I believe the proper installation of them is to open the hood and toss in 20 to 30 of them in wherever you see space. You may or may not have to use duct tape...

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow that destroys the gen 2 Lightning power numbers!
Your average Expedition or Navigator destroy the stock Gen 2 Lightning's power numbers.

You can buy a RCSB 5.0 and Whipple it and make more power than most Gen 2 Lightnings with built motors and 3.4 Whipple blowers plus four wheel drive for those gnarly hole shots.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So I'm working on a review of the electric F-150. Some of you need to make it a goal in life to never drive one.

Raptor R will probably be competitive with the TRX 0-60, so 3.7 seconds.

Lightning does 3.8.

Not to mention you could easily toss a pulley and a tune on the Raptor and make it a no contest.

Lightning may not be so easy.

I don't think you've kept up with the state of tuning for 21+ F-150s.

I'm seeing Trex at 4.5.. that's like 2 lengths off the rip.

Enough time to GAP ..let off.. take the win.. everytime.

And the meme is hilarious... some people can't cope.

No one cares about coast to coast.... light to light is the ultimate benchmark for 99%
Literally just got back from the ford racing display at mustang alley on Woodward.

It's ALL mach Es and lightnings everywhere... 1 500cftp... from the company's showing they are all in on electric.. had some police trucks... cool stuff

I was there too. It was great catching up with old friends and making a few new ones.

Your average Expedition or Navigator destroy the stock Gen 2 Lightning's power numbers.

You can buy a RCSB 5.0 and Whipple it and make more power than most Gen 2 Lightnings with built motors and 3.4 Whipple blowers plus four wheel drive for those gnarly hole shots.

Those 2V heads are severely limiting. The Coyote has spoiled us. I just wish had made a tall deck block version of it. It's even sadder that we missed out on the 6.8.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Seems like it could make alot more power but I doubt Ford wants to make it faster than the Raptor R. When they get the battery foot print significantly smaller and lighter which will happens and EV will destroy everything. It sucks but it just is the future. Sadly ICE engines are pretty close to being tapped out. They just can't create the type of power an EV can and live. The drawback to and EV is the battery but that will be sorted out. Off course the grid can't support the switch to all EVs but that's a different issue.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
View attachment 1758690
The lightning is gonna tear the RAPTOR R a new A hole on the street, light to light.

Image1662420284.361397.jpg

Lol it’s a ****ing golf cart.

Stop.

Users who are viewing this thread