black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Enjoy :coolman:

[youtube_browser]WoNAt9bQZtY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I don't like that they swapped out the V12 Vantage for the hellcat but I kinda understand why they did it. Ppl have been going nuts saying they want to see it in this race because "OMG it has 700hp" ,well there you go it didn't hold a candle.

I am surprised be the total outcome tho as I thought the 570s would win. Great race like always

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
GT350R may be the greatest track Mustang ever but as expected it did pretty poorly in that comparison for a car with 528hp....

Zemedici

Established Member
GT350R may be the greatest track Mustang ever but as expected it did pretty poorly in that comparison for a car with 528hp....

They 'had' to do that, as its ford Flagship vehicle at the moment.....I think it would have been much better received if there was a big power variant, ie boss 302 AND GT500 in same MY

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
2 points, both of the cheap, slow cars should not have been in the race...Ford & Chevy...Also, if you read and watched the MT test yesterday you already knew...The Audi hauls the mail.

Greg

kaz109

Established Member
2 points, both of the cheap, slow cars should not have been in the race...Ford & Chevy...Also, if you read and watched the MT test yesterday you already knew...The Audi hauls the mail.

Greg

Why should 2 cars that were in all other comparison test not be included in this one because they are slower? I fail to see the logic in that

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
From MT's Best Drivers car thread:
The new 6G camaro generation, hit it out of the park. Came out guns blazzing! Would love to see a head to head of the z28, GT350 Track Pack and new 1LE.

They sure hit it out of the park being dead last in this race, 4th in best drivers car and discounted at a Chevy dealership near you! What a home run!!! :lol:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Why should 2 cars that were in all other comparison test not be included in this one because they are slower? I fail to see the logic in that

A lot of people complained about the Hellcat never being in it, so they removed 2 cars for it to be in.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member

Because they both were embarrassing slow and cheap...If they wanted a real winner they should have invited a Tesla, maybe even the Tesla SUV.

G

Pup

Established Member
My guess was McLaren, Audi, NSX, GTR. Had the top 4, just in the wrong order lol. Never knew the R8 would be that fast though.

kaz109

Established Member
Because they both were embarrassing slow and cheap...If they wanted a real winner they should have invited a Tesla, maybe even the Tesla SUV.

G

What you fail to see that the same slow and cheap cars were embarrassingly ( compared to the top track cars) on the track just the same? If you thing they weren't check the time difference with them and the top 4 cars

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
A lot of people complained about the Hellcat never being in it, so they removed 2 cars for it to be in.

You obviously didn't read the post I quoted but none the less they did not remove 2 cars, only 1 and I stated I understood why the did it I just don't agree with it.

Doesn't make sense to put a car in just because it's only good attribute is its HP and possible good 1/4 time when the whole purpose of this competition is about the best drivers car.

That's like doing a triathlon and letting a guy swim at the end because that is what he is good at not the other two events.

D1SC_GT

Banned
11 cars, 11 different drivers. Its difficult to get a true comparison of the cars capabilities (manual cars) when they are all driven by different drivers. The Viper should have easily won this.

GT915

Established Member
11 cars, 11 different drivers. Its difficult to get a true comparison of the cars capabilities (manual cars) when they are all driven by different drivers. The Viper should have easily won this.

Yep....I'd have thought the viper would lay waste to everything here. why no Z06 and why was the camaro they tested not a zl1 with 10 speed auto. That woulda changed the order of things for sure.

kaz109

Established Member

Lol....you are in the dark so I will help you out. No the viper woukd not have won this race no matter who was driving do u know why? Because the ACR creates so much downforce it hurts it in a drag. No viper acr or other has gone 10.6 stock or to my knowledge has never even ran a 10 sec pass in any test. Feel free to post of a test result of a stock viper running 10's

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Doesn't matter how much power the Viper has. Its traditional setup is no match for the current crop of cars equipped with all of these driving aids and launch control, at least in a straight line anyways.

kaz109

Established Member
Yep....I'd have thought the viper would lay waste to everything here. why no Z06 and why was the camaro they tested not a zl1 with 10 speed auto. That woulda changed the order of things for sure.

Z06 was tested last year and fail to complete the test due to heat soak issues. As for a ZL1 with a 10 speed.....last I checked that car wasn't out yet so it would be rather hard to test a car that is not in production yet.

Users who are viewing this thread