Worlds Greatest Drag Race

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Great Video. I wonder if they heated up the tires at all? If not that would have given the all wheel drive cars even more of an advantage. I think when you have a car like the GT500 vs the GTR the driver's skill is alot more important in a race like this.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Great Video. I wonder if they heated up the tires at all? If not that would have given the all wheel drive cars even more of an advantage. I think when you have a car like the GT500 vs the GTR the driver's skill is alot more important in a race like this.

DUH!!! :poke::lol: I've always wondered myself how many of the people they use are actually good drivers. I'm sure not everyone there driving knows how to properly launch a high horse power car effectively.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
i test drove that BRZ before buying my wife's '13...fun little car, just needs the wrx motor instead.

kaz109

Established Member
i test drove that BRZ before buying my wife's '13...fun little car, just needs the wrx motor instead.

I rented one because I had a love affair for it and it did not disappoint me in the lease. Such a fun car to drive!!!!!! I would gets tons of tickets in that thing lol, its not a fast car but it is a fun car to drive fast. It handles amazingly and everything is so well laid out. If I owned one I would do a SC kit and some suspension mods and be very very happy.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
The best driver's car competition encompasses a lot more than just the drag race. The 86 twins are slow, but they are definitely good driver's car.

However, the title says Worlds grestest drag race....
When I see drag race, I look for 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile or a straight mile run.
I'm sure the BRZ is a great car to drive where there are turns, but I just dont see the purpose of having it in a straight drag race with other cars that more than double its power..

Hell, the Mazda Miata, Fiat 500 Arbarth are fun cars to drive to drive also

kaz109

Established Member
However, the title says Worlds grestest drag race....
When I see drag race, I look for 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile or a straight mile run.
I'm sure the BRZ is a great car to drive where there are turns, but I just dont see the purpose of having it in a straight drag race with other cars that more than double its power..

Hell, the Mazda Miata, Fiat 500 Arbarth are fun cars to drive to drive also

If funny no matter how many times this or the other vid are posted somebody still doesn't get it lol...

The drag race is part of the WHOLE best drivers car contest therefore it was in the drag race. Also it just so happen the car took 3rd overall :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Real, properly prepped drag strip.

Same professional driver in all cars.

Mount best possible tires on each car. Give driver five practice runs, or more.

I wonder how the line up would have finished then?

kaz109

Established Member

Would be incredibly dumb at that point since your are not running stock cars as well as it has zero to do with the contest

Edit...dumb was the wrong term, senseless is a more accurate term

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

They're testing these cars for the real world. So a launch on unprepped tarmac would best simulate what the car can do in street conditions. That's why they NEVER do magazine acceleration numbers on prepped tracks.

kaz109

Established Member
I find it hilarious that a base Porsche beat the ZL1 and C63 BS lol

Users who are viewing this thread