worn out rubber on pedals

sxecobra

Established Member
the rubber on my pedals are a bit worn.. besides buying new pedals... what have you guys done to prevent foot slip??

I was thinking cutting out skate grip tape into lil circles n just applying it to the worn rubber areas ...

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Replacements for your clutch and brake pedal:

1R3Z-2457-AA Price $55 each at your local Ford dealer or $37 at Tousley Ford.

Or if you want the previous style pads that seem to last longer, the part # F4ZZ-2457-A and the price is $13.42 at your local Ford dealer or $10 at Tousley.

Tractionless1

Established Member

Or if you want the previous style pads that seem to last longer, the part # F4ZZ-2457-A and the price is $13.42 at your local Ford dealer or $10 at Tousley.

Are the prices above for the entire pedal including arm? I don't see how the foot pedal is removed from the arm on either.

MysticRob

Established Member

The outside rubber on my brake and clutch pedals is ripped, plus I don't like the slippery feeling of any of these pedals much either. Do you know of a kit or part #s to replace all 4 of the aluminum pedals with standard rubber? :beer:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Are the prices above for the entire pedal including arm? I don't see how the foot pedal is removed from the arm on either.

Those are the rubber pads for the clutch and brake pedal. Those pads slide off.

I replaced my brake pedal rubber a few weeks ago. Took less than a minute to take the old ripped one off and the new one on.

For the dead pedal or accel pedal (they don't wear out like the brake & clutch pads), chances are they will not need replacing:

Bullitt pedals

Good Luck!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread