Worn out

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
In some ways sure. I've loved this current Cobra since I bought it Spring of last year, but I have had issues with previous cars that drove me crazy and turned me off to that particular car.

CJK440

Established Member
Depends on what you mean. Bored with a good running car or tired of performing a major job?

Plenty of times I have gotten into a deep restoration on a musclecar stripped down to bare steel and at points (usually before the paint was laid on) was tired but had to soldier on.

As for a good running car. Of course. Life is too short to hold on to one car.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Oh yeah, definitely, especially when you get in one of those slumps where the car seems like it needs more non-fun mods (maintenance/upkeep) or you're at the point where the only mods you haven't done are EXPENSIVE and you've gotta wait. Right now I'm in that maintenance slump needing a fuel pump/front LCAs/steering rack/torque box reinforcements/etc and have thought about selling it off, but I'm not going to

97cobra...

Established Member
Oh yeah, definitely, especially when you get in one of those slumps where the car seems like it needs more non-fun mods (maintenance/upkeep) or you're at the point where the only mods you haven't done are EXPENSIVE and you've gotta wait. Right now I'm in that maintenance slump needing a fuel pump/front LCAs/steering rack/torque box reinforcements/etc and have thought about selling it off, but I'm not going to

That's kinda were I'm at I want to mod for power but first I have to do some maintenance work

98SteedaKaz

Established Member
Honestly, when i need a break, i park her in the shop and find another side project. I picked up a 97 gt for 800 bucks. Dropped in a new motor and have started making it a sleeper. When i grew tired of that, i took on a cover and interior swap on a fox body vert. And in between those i come back to my love renewed with purpose.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I am worn out, I have had mine for 14 years and am debating selling it. I am sick of dumping money into it and paying people to do shit, only to have to undo crap work and have it re-done. I would rather just buy a newer Shelby and move on. Last time I was able to mess with the car it ran slower than poop as if the tune wasn't loading. and on top of that the gears were installed wrong and whine. They "fixed" it and they still whine, so the damn rear needs to come apart again. I'm about at wits end with a car I feel I never drive anymore and it annoys me when I do because I always promised myself it would be a much faster car by now.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yes. Especially when everything for a 4V cost an arms and a leg. But just bought some Corbeaus and my love has been reignited; it is now more comfortable!

zpstang96

Established Member
I've been pretty worn out lately. Took the 2v out in August in exchange for a built 4v. New motor ended up burning oil and had to take it back out. Car got broken into when it was out and my stereo stuff was stolen. Machinist then passed away shortly after. 7 months later and it is finally up and running again....but I can feel the transmission now going. Can't wait to be done with everything. Worn out is a great way to put it haha

97cobra...

Established Member
I've been pretty worn out lately. Took the 2v out in August in exchange for a built 4v. New motor ended up burning oil and had to take it back out. Car got broken into when it was out and my stereo stuff was stolen. Machinist then passed away shortly after. 7 months later and it is finally up and running again....but I can feel the transmission now going. Can't wait to be done with everything. Worn out is a great way to put it haha

I just did the transmission in my car less the 1k ago and now there's a pop coming from the front driver side when I leave from a stop

SVT CAMR

Established Member
The key is do not make these your daily driver. You must have another car. I could not imagine the Cobra being my only car. I would have been wore out with in 3 years.

I'am-was totally wore out with the Cobra. Thats why the car is going back to a street car. I have a good excuse though it's been 16 years! I'm going back to what I liked about the car 16 years ago. The fun of just driving a Mustang.

Advise to you young guys. Save your money buy rental properties that create cash flow each month. When your in your 40's you live like no one else.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My bank account is severely worn out from my car.. This last year has been a phucking killer!!! :(

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
The key is do not make these your daily driver. You must have another car. I could not imagine the Cobra being my only car. I would have been wore out with in 3 years.

I'am-was totally wore out with the Cobra. Thats why the car is going back to a street car. I have a good excuse though it's been 16 years! I'm going back to what I liked about the car 16 years ago. The fun of just driving a Mustang.

Advise to you young guys. Save your money buy rental properties that create cash flow each month. When your in your 40's you live like no one else.

SVT CAMR hit the nail on the head!

paluka21

Established Member
I am worn out, I have had mine for 14 years and am debating selling it. I am sick of dumping money into it and paying people to do shit, only to have to undo crap work and have it re-done. I would rather just buy a newer Shelby and move on. Last time I was able to mess with the car it ran slower than poop as if the tune wasn't loading. and on top of that the gears were installed wrong and whine. They "fixed" it and they still whine, so the damn rear needs to come apart again. I'm about at wits end with a car I feel I never drive anymore and it annoys me when I do because I always promised myself it would be a much faster car by now.

Was in the exact same boat, which is why I sold my 95 cobra. I loved the car, but just didn't have the time nor patience to work on it constantly trying to figure out what was going on with it. An "unnamed shop" in Frederick Maryland put me through nightmares with my car, and it never ran right since they got their hands on it.
I've recently purchased a new 2014 Shelby that I pick up this weekend, and have the feeling it will be a relief. ( mentally and on my wallet ) The car will never be taken to this "unnamed shop" in Frederick, even if it were the last place on earth who could service it.

Last edited:

GRUSE

Established Member
My bank account is severely worn out from my car.. This last year has been a phucking killer!!! :(

I have been following your build threads for a while,figured you had an oil well in the back yard.
You build and install an engine faster than it takes some guys to inflate a tire.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread