Worse day of my life, Totalled my baby

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
From my experience most insurance adjusters are not mechanical engineers. I would be VERY surprised if they did not total it, and like others say - you don't want it back. You may have sentiments because the car did save your life, but if it was meant to be it would never have happened to begin with - move on.

It really sucks, but be happy that it was just the car that is totaled.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Sorry about your car Chris.. Like all these guys say good thing your ok.
Now I know that if I hit something going 60+mph with my cobra I might be ok knowing
these cars are not all just power and have some safeness to count on.. God Bless air bags.

Glad your not hurt.

BONESTOCK

Established Member
haha insurance job to get an SRT. weak man...weak.

if your serious about smashing it unintentionally..then I'm sorry for you bro.

ut I have a hunch it's my first comment.

98blueflareside

Established Member
sorry to hear about your car Chris. At least you are ok. If you car does get fixed opt to have the frame completely replaced instead of pulled. it might take a few more weeks but you'll have a straight frame and not one thats been adjusted.
just another note. these cars really are safe. my dad and i totalled his 01 supercrew after hitting a old geo metro. only thing is we hit that and then went into some trees. the truck took both impacts and my dad and i walked away with a few airbag abrasions and i had a few scratches on my sides. the cops at the scene told us that we would have been really bad off had we not been in a ford.

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
I was like man that thing is far from totalled... then the engine picture loaded :uh oh:

03CobraDude

If that would have happened to my car, and I was unhurt, I woulda been like, "Ohhh, my, god... my baby..." Whenever I wreck something, people are like, hey, are you ok?.. I just keep talkin about the car, and they want to know how I can do that after I just about lost my life. Anyways, I'm feeling for you...

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
god that blows... go give your car a kiss for saving your ass

maddrabitt

Established Member
damn bro I feel your pain. I lost it in the rain on Friday and did the 60mph 360 to guardrail maneuver. I almost got it back under control, but still ended up with a glancing shot. Preliminarys on mine are just cosmetics, no frame damage, but we'll see. Like its been said, at least we werent hurt. Cars can be replaced.

wrecksmallsize.gif

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Glad you made it out ok man.

To me, it looks totaled. If your airbags weren't deployed or you didn't have any frame damage, then it probably woundn't be totaled. Hope everything works out for you.

chrisle7220

Established Member
Thanks for everyones replies, i appreciate everyone taking the time and making sure im alright. I did wake up this morning and my neck started to hurt, so im probably gonna go to a chiropractor tomorrow morning, no big deal. But tomorrow hopefully will be the day i find out what they will do. I was told that i have to wait for a police report,which takes a few days, before i can find out if they total it or not. So i may not know tomorrow, but we'll see. I will keep everyone posted on whats new to come. If its totaled, i might go ahead and look for another cobra. I dont know if i could get an import, but i wouldnt mind having an STI. If i did get another cobra, i wonder if i could grap the pulley off of the current wrecked cobra? I also ported the blower, but i doubt i will have time i rip that off and put it on the new one. Other than that, the K&N FIPK and the Mac Catback are gone!! I do have the Mac o/r h-pipe which wasnt touched, but then again i would have to jack up the car to get that. Will the insurance allow me to grab the performance parts out of my car?

ralphy1798

Established Member
Here was my L, she was totalled, looks very similar... Heavy front end damage and minimal rear end damage. Frame damage was the final decisive factor in totalling my truck.

LightningWreck0003.jpg

The good new is i got back 32000 for it and bought it for 29000 + ttl

Users who are viewing this thread