Worst night ever!!!

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
OK.... everybody probably heard about the bad weather TX is getting.... well I know first hand ;) ICE SUCKS!!!!

i was doing about 10mph and out of the blue i went in to a tail spin and jumped the curb and continued to slide right in to a telephone pole. So the driver side fender is scrap along with the kicker panel...the door is pretty much one badass dent now...with alot of paint chips everywhere!
It’s not too bad...but i was in shock for alil while!
I’ll post some pics up later....

anyone in mind with replacement parts????? please help!!!

P.S. i have one big ass headache now.... :bash:

SVT8U

Established Member
Glad you're ok. That sucks about your car though.
I know that you cant do anything about ice, but it just seems kinda funny to me how the whole state is shut down for an inch of snow. I understand that they have no winter preperations ie snow plows, road salt, etc. but it just seems funny to me cuz an inch isnt a big deal where im from. I guess it is different for y'all from the south becasue no one has ever even seen snow......
Sorry to hear about your stang tho. Good luck getting it back on the road. Be careful.

SVT8U

Established Member
I almost forgot......
look on the brightside bro, at least you were in the car by youself and you didnt hit any other cars. You could have to pay for somone elses car along with yours. That would suck worse.

Coiled03

Established Member
Wait a second....are you telling me you were driving a Cobra in an ICE STORM?! Sucks about your car either way.....but damn. Probably wasn't the brightest thing to do.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Coiled03 said:
Wait a second....are you telling me you were driving a Cobra in an ICE STORM?! Sucks about your car either way.....but damn. Probably wasn't the brightest thing to do.

Yeah, ya moron. How dare you not have a beater to drive when those once every couple of years freak ice storms happen... ;-)

Not everyone has a beater... especially in Texas where one is hardly needed.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
SVT8U said:
Glad you're ok. That sucks about your car though.
I know that you cant do anything about ice, but it just seems kinda funny to me how the whole state is shut down for an inch of snow. I understand that they have no winter preperations ie snow plows, road salt, etc. but it just seems funny to me cuz an inch isnt a big deal where im from. I guess it is different for y'all from the south becasue no one has ever even seen snow......
Sorry to hear about your stang tho. Good luck getting it back on the road. Be careful.

I think its a little different because up in your area it gets so cold it gets a lot of snow and most of it is all snow..

down in the south it doesn't stay cold enough for it to be all snow.. it gets right at that temperature where its just cold enough to snow for a little while then its mostly ice and not snow. I think its the ice that gets everyone in trouble here.

not sure ... its just a thought.

And the fact that some people think they can drive the same in this conditions and never driven in snow before have problems.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya the Cobra is my DD and unfortunatly if I wanted to put it in the garage last night I had to go get my sister's tire fixed (flat tire) and had to go out. Not a very fun time! Glad your ok.

YELOSNK

Established Member
Driving mustangs on ice/few inches of snow kicks ass. I just drive around my neighborhood doing fishtails around corners and crab walking down streets. Fun as hell. :banana: But as for actually driving somewhere, I have to hold my breath every time I go to pull out of my neighborhood. Damn wheels start spinning if I so much as let the clutch out at anything above idle. :bash: I've gotten used to it living in Michigan and driving mustangs year round, but they are absolutely terrible. I remember pulling out of a friends driveway and not being able to go down the street because I was just spinning the tires on about 1 inch of packed snow and probably a 2-5% grade. It was rediculous.

Last edited:

SA SNAKE

Established Member
Had to drive my daily driver cobra yesterday in the snow here in Oklahoma City. I only work about 10 min. away but it was not fun. (nittos)

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
im from seattle and we just had about 4-6". it sucks but at the same time its fun. if you actually wanna go somewhere you gotta drive a 1991 honda beater (like mine). that thing just plows snow like no one's business.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I just woke up to at least a foot of snow.

There is no way I'm going to be able to get out of my driveway until I clear it.

With my snow tires, I usually don't have a problem as long as the snow is lower than the bottom of the car. Today it's much higher, so I'm trapped. :(

Gotta wait till later before firing up the snow blower. I didn't want to piss off my neighbors at 6:00 am with all that racket.

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
Here's tha Damage :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

DSC01039.gif

DSC01038.gif

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
ur lucky u didnt snag that wheel...that coulda been a big hit to the wallet sucks to hear that...im in kc and got my svtf stuck with the regular tires as i was tryin to get into the shop so i could change my wheels and tires...got them changed and its great now...good luck on the parts search man

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread