Worst night ever!!!

spinscan

Established Member
I feel for you. I got stuck on 360 in Arlington going home from work that night. I was driving my 93-gt going up one of the long hills and naturally everyone stops which is a no no on ice or snow.

Anyway my car wouldn't move, backward or forward. Some very nice guy in a DHL truck came up to my window and offered to push me up the hill. He did and I got on my way.

What is normally a 30 minute drive took me 3 hours. Bad night.

Sorry about your accident. I was damn near in the same boat.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your bad run in the ice. I work in Lewisville and live at Bush/Frankford and it took just over an hour. Never did give the Cobra any gas, just cruised in 2nd at idle. Luckily there were no crazies when I came home but I stuck to 121/Hebron/Old Denton instead of trying the Frankford overpass which almost killed my GT a couple of years ago. Glad to hear you're okay and good luck with getting her fixed back up (might as well wait until spring now in case we get more ice).

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Dallas_5.0 said:
OK.... everybody probably heard about the bad weather TX is getting.... well I know first hand ;) ICE SUCKS!!!!

i was doing about 10mph and out of the blue i went in to a tail spin and jumped the curb and continued to slide right in to a telephone pole. So the driver side fender is scrap along with the kicker panel...the door is pretty much one badass dent now...with alot of paint chips everywhere!
It’s not too bad...but i was in shock for alil while!
I’ll post some pics up later....

anyone in mind with replacement parts????? please help!!!

P.S. i have one big ass headache now.... :bash:

i think 10 mph is a little low. are you sure you arent under exaggerating? anyways. come up here to montana, we just had 2 solid weeks of ice on the ground. you get used to it, and it starts being fun when you powerslide or ebrake slide around EVERY single corner. :pepper:

95eclipseRS

Established Member
ford_racer said:
i think 10 mph is a little low. are you sure you arent under exaggerating? anyways. come up here to montana, we just had 2 solid weeks of ice on the ground. you get used to it, and it starts being fun when you powerslide or ebrake slide around EVERY single corner. :pepper:

I hope you were doing this when there was no traffic around. Or in a vacant parking lot.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
We don't have any ice in Houston. Christ, everytime it gets into the 30's here I have to laugh at people. They are all bundled up in like 5 layers running around acting like its cold as hell. I was born here and I wear a hoodie on everything but the coldest of days. Here when its 35 people are freeking out because its so cold, in Fairbanks (where I am going to move in Jan) when it hits 35 this time of year everyone is freeking out because its so warm, opening windows and such.

dpotter

Established Member
I was headed home at about 5:45 during a heavier sleet shower that day and saw a sweet white terminator cruising southbound on Ohio up near Lebanon in Frisco. I sure miss my mystichrome...

I've got bad a$$ A/T tires on my Tahoe and there was grip on the sleet, once it froze over that night though, it was slick.

Snow is fun, ice makes for a tough ride. Glad your stang wasn't worse!

Users who are viewing this thread