Worth getting the Predator with just CAI and Exhaust?

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
My only performance mods are a CAI and Exhaust. Got big, noticeable power gains from both. I have noticed that the car is running very rich and the A/F will drop off the graph on the dyno (below 10). Also, at the track, I notice that I get a bit of black soot on the outside edges of the tailpipes.

My question is: Does the Predator have a program that would help leverage my mods and maybe squeeze out a bit more HP? If it does, would it help lean things out a little too?

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
yes yes yes. i started the same way. cb and cai, i noticed the difference to but it seemed to be lacking in tq. got the predator and wow. i dynoed before the pred and well look at thi sig. the guy told me it would increase my hp and tq with the performance tune by adjusting my fuel and timing. i was pig rich too at an even 10.0. when i put the performance tune on there i felt the difference immediately. even after the pulley all my power was made within the perameters of the predator, no custom tune. well worth the money.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
It's well worth it... the perfomance tune is what you will use and you will feel the difference. THen you can step up to the pulley tune when you add a 2.93 or 2.8 pulley or get a custom tune done. Plus you can turn off your traction control and your rear O2's when you dump your cats...

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I went with a Predator when I had Stinger exhaust and K&N FIPK only. I don't have any before dyno #'s but there was a noticeable increase in power afterwards. I dyno'd 419/402 with just these mods and my tune was pretty ugly. I didn't have a chance to tune on it that day, but I feel that I could have pulled 425/410 out of it if I had tried.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
performance tune is definitely worth it, i went a best of 12.003@117 with it and many 116 mph traps. gained 30 rwtq through the whole rpm band. car felt great.

jleews6

Established Member
Give Linn a call at Amazon racing. I have there tune in my preditor and it runs good. With nothing more than. Drag radials,preditor.2.8,cai and a cat back I ran 11.82 @ almost 119 and I was driving it very easy. It will run 11.50s @ 120 next time out.:beer:

madmaxmustang

Established Member
yeah me too....I have a CAI and CB, and I called RPMoutlet and they said that with the non pulley tune it wouldn't be that much of a noticable difference. Going on that I dont think I will buy one untill I get a Pulley.....but if you guys say that its totally worth it with just a CB and a CAI, I think you might sell us NoN- Pulley guys on getting a diablo predator.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
oh it is worth it even though you dont have a pulley yet. i noticed i got more of a "neck snap" when i take off and a bit better gass mileage(if you can believe that). i also noticed the program seemed to settle in after a couple of weeks.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Here goes...

JDM put a Superchips tune on my car with just steeda cai and borla cb.

It felt awesome. And to put it into perspective, I have my whipple on at 13lbs (stock tune back in) and it feels about the same as the eaton with the tune.

Go for it. Although my money goes to SCT, but that's opinion

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by gmynko
How good is the factory "pulley tune"?

before any adjustments were done i made 434hp w/505tq on the pulley tune. this was a rich setting, the leanest was 11.3, way fat. with only adjusting within the predators %10 setting i got 424hp w/536tq. no custom tune for me.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Originally posted by sgt d
before any adjustments were done i made 434hp w/505tq on the pulley tune. this was a rich setting, the leanest was 11.3, way fat. with only adjusting within the predators %10 setting i got 424hp w/536tq. no custom tune for me.

Thanx - What size pulley did you have on it for those #s?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte
Sounds good! Thanks for all your input. I just ordered the Predator! :thumbsup:

I been thinking the same thing and someone already made a post about it. I have the same mods full bassani exhaust and JLT Cai and thinking of getting the predator for my bd (great bd gift right...:)) But anyways I been trying to talk to James at rwtd but I can never get a-hold of him tried thehttp://www.diablosporttuning.com/forums/index.php? web site and nothing even asked ?'s direct to Diablosport and no e-mails back and I called rpmoutlet A few times and they always say the mustang cobra guy is out right now and call back later :cuss: :mj: and the rwtd site is out of stock... How can a web site that sells basically the predator be out of stock????I have 6 questions to ask the guy and he's no were to be found :shrug:. But anyways I plan on getting the predator some day. About to just order from rpmoutlet and call it a day.. But were did you get yours NyteByte?

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
attachment.php

Mods: Steeda CAI and Dynomax Ultraflow cat-back

DYNORUN.004 = Stock tune
DYNORUN.005 = Stock Predator "91 Octane Performance Tune"

If felt better under 5,000, but it felt like it was running out of steam above 5,000. Dyno showed why.

I think its a great product, but you have to expect that a trip to the dyno for tuning might be needed.

Last edited:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
attachment.php

Mods: Steeda CAI and Dynomax Ultraflow cat-back

DYNORUN.004 = Stock tune
DYNORUN.005 = Stock Predator "91 Octane Performance Tune"

If felt better under 5,000, but it felt like it was running out of steam above 5,000. Dyno showed why.

I think its a great product, but you have to expect that a trip to the dyno for tuning might be needed.

Black306 you lost RWHP with the predator?:eek:

DYNORUN.004 = Stock tune 400.47Max Touque369.32
DYNORUN.005 = Stock Predator "91 Octane Performance Tune" 392.36Max Torque=381.53

:eek: Lost 8 HP but gained Torque don't know if I want to order now.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
ok nm I see it's 2 separate tunes from the predator. I thought you did a before the predator(stock Tune) and used the predator and lost power vs stock car tune. Both of those tunes are included with the predator? BTW what kind of boost did you see with the steeda on the dyno?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread