WOT Box Launch Technique

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Tony - so in your use, you set the 2step at XXXX rpm let out fast on the clutch and keep your foot to the floor?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
For the launch u can turn off the launch control tps check entirely. Click enable next to the tps threshold. Then the car will 2 step anytime the clutch is down without it having to be at WOT...

Ease out of the clutch on launch...

For the NLTS, I have it set at 175mm for now till I start shifting faster ...

How do you set the position of the TPS if its not WOT? I didn't get mine yet, just trying to get an idea of how it works.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Robert not trying to start an arguement...but if your're using the box the way you say all you are really benefiting is a consistent start RPM right? When you start releasing the clutch and applying the gas it would be very difficult to have a repeat sequence??? I'm just saying..... A 2 step on any car is so you can floor it and either dump the clutch or let the transbrake go....

True.

My use of the 2 step in my car is not to launch at full throttle. I purchased it so that I can launch the car not having to worry about what rpm I am in on the line, and Ofcourse the NLTS.

I personally don't feel comfortable side stepping at WOT but I don't have a problem at quarter to half throttle..

But yes a 2 steps main purpose is to launch balls to the wall. I like mine where they are so I tweak the 2 step to my liking.

No argument here :rockon:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I also think it's a bad idea to 2-step a stock rod'ed motor....it shocks the hell out of the rods...It may be ok at the low rpm you guys are launching at....I guess till will tell...Just a thought.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
How do you set the position of the TPS if its not WOT? I didn't get mine yet, just trying to get an idea of how it works.

I don't want to confuse you but once you download the software you will understan what I mean.

Their is a picture of the software main screen on the n2mb website, if you'd like to see what it looks like

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I also think it's a bad idea to 2-step a stock rod'ed motor....it shocks the hell out of the rods...It may be ok at the low rpm you guys are launching at....I guess till will tell...Just a thought.

talking to Michael at L&M the other day he commented that a 2 step is very hard on the crank

08cobrajet

SVT Addict
Established Member
talking to Michael at L&M the other day he commented that a 2 step is very hard on the crank

can also be very hard on stock axles and differential , it all depends on launch rpm ,not so bad under 3000, above that be ready to pick-up the pieces

svt_tayo

You can't ease the clutch out...you have to commit....Remember your foot is on the floor already you will be leaving at 6k plus if you ease it. As soon as your foot moves the rpm's come up so you have to dump the clutch. Ask Kostas he pulled his hair out for a long time doing that.

I also don't think the 2-step and a straight blower car will hook on DR's. I will work on slicks if you commit...DO NOT TRY TO SLIP IT!!!

I personally think the only benefit you will have with the WOT box is the trans will fall into gear better using the WOT shift function.
if you try and slip the wot box will malfunction and run horribly trust me i did it

svt_tayo

I just explained how to set it up so that your not at WOT for the 2 step..

And on the drag radial comment, that's not true. I had no problem hooking with my M&H def radials.

Slicks are not needed !
i run ET street S/S and they hook great after a good heat up maybe 550+ whp will be different but not lower HP

Users who are viewing this thread