Would you buy a "demo" Cobra?

KingKabong

Established Member
One of the local dealers has a 2004 Cobra Vert, yellow. 1350 miles. Would be sold as "new". Meaning I could qualify for the 0% financing, etc. Price is still sticker, so around $38k.

Would you touch this car or not? If so, what's a reasonable offer?

There's a zero mile black Cobra Vert right next to it, but I'd like to think I can get a screaming deal on the demo and the yellow has kinda grown on me.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

BLWN46

Established Member
My 03 vert had a sticker of 40,900 and hard cost of 33,250, i payed 30K. They should take less than sticker i'd pay around 33k max. Warranty start date will be from purchase date also, if the price is right buy it! TC

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I might stray away OR make them include an extended warranty. You never know, sometimes its actually just been driven around some and not beat on. Usually the service department has gotten ahold of it and had some fun though.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
mblgjr said:
I might stray away OR make them include an extended warranty. You never know, sometimes its actually just been driven around some and not beat on. Usually the service department has gotten ahold of it and had some fun though.
Come on, let's be serious about the first 1,000 miles of a Cobra's life....let's see how fast it goes!!! :beer:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Thats not a lot of miles for most "demo" cars, but thats a lot of mileage for a limited car like the cobra.

Id lean on them hard til you get around 30k.

KingKabong

Established Member
7168548 said:
I bought my 04 with 500 miles on the odo for 27.5K.

This is the kind of deal I was hoping to get... maybe even better.

Thanks for all the input guys. My gut tells me to stay away from it, but my checkbook says I better explore all my options... :)

The dealer seems to be pretty strict about giving test drives. They wouldn't let me just take it out without sitting down and working out some numbers, running credit, etc. I didn't go through all that because I didn't have time. Now if that was their policy all along for this car, I might feel a little better about how it was treated.

But, you'd have to throw any sort of good break-in procedure out the window... that sucks!

I still have a couple months to get my finances together, if it's still there, I'm leaning towards trying to make a deal on it. The new body style got me back interested in Mustangs, but having a supercharged V8? hahaha... can't pass that up.

KingKabong

Established Member
svtcobras said:
No way. I would not even buy a used one after reading these forums.
(no dogs intended)

Well, that's typical of any forum dedicated to anything. I wouldn't call this forum the majority of Cobra owners, but more likely the vocal minority. Not that it's bad, just that it's usually people having problems who do most of the posting, just like all the other forums I visit.

Point taken though... :)

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
KingKabong said:
One of the local dealers has a 2004 Cobra Vert, yellow. 1350 miles. Would be sold as "new". Meaning I could qualify for the 0% financing, etc. Price is still sticker, so around $38k.

Would you touch this car or not? If so, what's a reasonable offer?

There's a zero mile black Cobra Vert right next to it, but I'd like to think I can get a screaming deal on the demo and the yellow has kinda grown on me.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
No way! Not for "new." 1350 is awesome mileage but it's a DEMO and you KNOW it's been trashed. Work on the price and if they don't bend to your price, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! There are other Cobras to be had, I guarantee that they won't let you leave! Especially for a demo car, you could get one hell of a deal. Just don't get too excited. Good luck!

-Mike

metaman

Established Member
I would not buy it. Just because it was never registered to an owner does not make it new. There was a case of a guy around here in palm beach who bought one "new" Then one day he took it in for warranty work and was informed that the warranty had already been voided. Apparently the car had been puchased, modded, never registered and repoed before there were enough miles on it for another buyer to know about it.

Invoice on that car is like around 33k. If the dealer will not cut at least another 2-3 thousand off of that price due to the fact that the car has been driven so much pass and look for another one. Remember, proper motor break in is very important on an engine like the one in these cars. There is no way to know if this process was done properly on this car.

1time

Established Member
Since its such a rare car I'd buy it at a reduced price and have them throw in an extended warranty!!!!

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
nope...

1. Its been abused...thats a given.

2. I got my 04' with 200miles for $31K

Users who are viewing this thread