Would you buy a "demo" Cobra?

BadAzztt

Established Member
Kingkabong- I see you're in Colorado. which dealer is it? I know they have one at sil-terhar in broomfield just like you're describing. Is that the one?

KingKabong

Established Member
BadAzztt said:
Kingkabong- I see you're in Colorado. which dealer is it? I know they have one at sil-terhar in broomfield just like you're describing. Is that the one?

Yup, that's the one. Have you looked at it?

According to their site, they have 3 Cobras, yellow, black and silver.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
not me, i believe in a strict break-in process and that would defeat the whole purpose of buying a new car. you can get a MUCH better deal on a left-over 04 as before mentioned. and lastly, don't forget how "demo" cars are driven. test drives, salesman/managers taking them to lunch or home for the evening, and not to mention the service guys......that thing has has the bullshit driven out of it!
just my .02 though
good luck on getting a Terminator
-tony

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
No way! Can you say TRASHED!!

i wouldnt say that....mine was a "demo" with 1900 miles...not ONE problem and im at 18k miles now....436rw (unpullied / unported) hp baby!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To me the issue isn't the mileage. I wouldn't wink at 1,350 if the price was right. To me the real issue is they're wanting sticker on it. Are you joking? I just hope no one actually pays it. Wait till they find what the car is really worth. Ouch! Shop around and you'll find a nice '04 closer to the price you want to pay. Be patient. Don't jump on the first one you see unless the price and condition are too good to pass up.

As an example, there was a local 2003 DSG Cobra with only 5,500 miles and equipped with some nice goodies including a Kenne Bell. The car was raced a few times but not abused. The condition of the interior and exterior was outstanding. As nice as mine when I sold it. And it drove very nice. I took it for a spin last month. Even thought about grabbing it myself. Price on this one was around $26,000. A bargain IMO.

Orange Poison

Established Member
It might be okay....I don't know why everyone thinks this car has been abused? Everyone drives these cars hard. If it's stock, these cars can take it. They're pretty durable in stock form. It's when you start messing with the tune, running higher boost that things have a higher probability of going wrong. As long as it's never been chipped and pullied is what I'd be worried about. Which it hasn't since it was never titled.

Just check for physical abuse and if there isn't none and the price is right....go for it.

Also try and talk them into an extended warranty like someone else mentioned.

BadAzztt

Established Member
King Kabong-"Yup, that's the one. Have you looked at it?

According to their site, they have 3 Cobras, yellow, black and silver"

Yeah I have looked at it, it is clean but still wouldn't trust them. I know one of the sales guys there(he used to work for me) and he says the mileage is because they put them in their "parade" they run a couple of times a year. They tried to quote me 38,000 for it too and I laughed and left. Told them good luck selling a leftover vert in the snow for that. He told me "they are really proud of those cars so they won't let them go cheap". I told them they can be proud for the next 5 years and sit on it if they want.

Funny thing is he came in last week acting like I missed out and said "oh we sold your car." I guess he was full of **it. After I left the first time they did call me and tell me the rebates still apply and were able to get it down to 34500. I still thought this was too much, so I bought an 03 and told them to bite me. It only has 20,000 on the clock and I got it for $24,500. Now I've had it for a month and am dumping most of the difference into mods.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
"demo" is a euphamism for "we let the dealership owner's son beat the snot out of the car until it had 3000 miles on it". its a scam to be able to sell a used car as something other than a used car.

been there, done that. will pay the premium to be the first driver from now on...

KingKabong

Established Member
BadAzztt said:
King Kabong-"Yup, that's the one. Have you looked at it?

According to their site, they have 3 Cobras, yellow, black and silver"

Yeah I have looked at it, it is clean but still wouldn't trust them. I know one of the sales guys there(he used to work for me) and he says the mileage is because they put them in their "parade" they run a couple of times a year. They tried to quote me 38,000 for it too and I laughed and left. Told them good luck selling a leftover vert in the snow for that. He told me "they are really proud of those cars so they won't let them go cheap". I told them they can be proud for the next 5 years and sit on it if they want.

Funny thing is he came in last week acting like I missed out and said "oh we sold your car." I guess he was full of **it. After I left the first time they did call me and tell me the rebates still apply and were able to get it down to 34500. I still thought this was too much, so I bought an 03 and told them to bite me. It only has 20,000 on the clock and I got it for $24,500. Now I've had it for a month and am dumping most of the difference into mods.

Ah, thanks for the scoop. I'm in no hurry, so I think I'll let it sit for a while. I appreciate everyone's input, great board here!

Honestly, they would have to really deal on it to win me over compared to a new body style GT convert. I'll give them a chance to do so when the time is right.

KingKabong

Established Member
ShelbyGuy been there said:
Yeah, that's been my motto also, then I saw this Cobra.... hehe. I really don't like the fact that the break-in wasn't done properly, etc. But I also haven't ever really proven to myself that proper break-in has really done anything for me.

My longest owned vehicle was my '96 CBR600 which I just sold last year. Never had an issue, did the proper break-in, but would I have had any issues if I just hammered on it? Hard to say.

The salesman said they had "alot" of room to work on it, but yes, they still have it listed as sticker. I think the fact that the new body style is out now really works in my favor. I'll go work 'em when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread