would you buy this?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No, fake exotics are not cool in my book.

Additionally the guy can't even get the ad right, he claims that he the car comes with the Fiero 2.6L V6. There was never a 2.6L V6 in the Fiero.

jbs$

Established Member
In a word - NO! It just points you out as a short dick who cannot afford the real thing.

jbs$

Established Member
Zhisil, the issue is, you still have to maintain a $200,000 car, and there are no after market parts.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Zhisil, the issue is, you still have to maintain a $200,000 car, and there are no after market parts.

I wouldn't buy one if all I could afford was a $30k car. Doesn't change the fact that I still want one though.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I didn't know Ferrari's that cheap (comparatively) existed! I want one now! :rockon:

There are certainly examples that can be owned fairly easily. The 308 is a great entry into the world of Ferrari.

This is true, although any quality Ferrari dealer or maintenance company will be able to make necessary repairs etc. Assuming you pick up a car that has been well maintained and you're not using it as a daily, you can get away with maintenance costs under $1000.00 for a year.

If you read some of the Ferrari forums, most the guys spend between 600-1500 for a driving season in maintenance. Expensive by most standards, but nothing like a McLaren Mercedes or higher end Ferrari.

I wouldn't buy one if all I could afford was a $30k car. Doesn't change the fact that I still want one though.

I've looked in to them myself and as long as the car you're looking into has a solid maintenance history and has been inspected by a reputable Ferrari shop, I wouldn't really be afraid of it. The maintenance is certainly more than your average car, but it's not ub3r l33t territory either.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I found a red one with like 30k miles that I'd LOVE to have. Maybe someday!

mysterio

Established Member

Run away from this POS. If it's a Fiero underneath, it's a dog with fleas, and a slow dog at that.

I remember when a local Pontiac dealer offered these faux Fiero/Ferrraris in the late 80's. It wasn't even the later, "improved" Fiero, it was just your basic Fiero with a Ferrari body kit on it. A buddy and I looked at one on the lot in those days, and we couldn't believe how bad the fit / finish was, and the pricing on them was ridiculously high.

Not sure if the Fiero-Ferraris ever addressed the engine design fault that caused fires, but why tempt fate just to drive a kit car?

Gray_Ghost

Established Member

Actually, there are aftermarket parts for them. This months Grassroots Motorsports magazine had a nicely modified 308 in it. He even had a stroker motor in it. That being said, nothing is cheap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO having one of these fake Ferrari's would be like owning a Chrysler Prowler. A car that looks fast with a milk toast motor. If I was wanting a Ferrari it would have to be a real one.

mysterio

Established Member
IMO having one of these fake Ferrari's would be like owning a Chrysler Prowler. A car that looks fast with a milk toast motor. If I was wanting a Ferrari it would have to be a real one.

Well-said, Bob. Remember the kit car bodies of the 70's, that sat on top of VW bugs? Some of them were exciting and fast looking, but underneath, it was still a VW bug.

The Fiero-Ferrari is about the same concept.

SixPak

Established Member
I would liken buying one of these to picking up a drag queen at a bar.

It looks pretty good 'till you raise up the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread