Would you do it again ?

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Mine was an impulse buy. Was looking at an 01 Bullit with 52k on it for $10k.

Went and drove the 11 5.0 m6 with 9k miles and went back the next morning and drove it home for 26k.

Have yet to find any other mustang I would rather have (I already jumped 16k above what I thought I was going to spend).

Only thing I wish mine had was the Recaros. Def get the Recaros!

bigriff85

Established Member
Nope, after replacing basically every part on the car minus the trans (sure that wont last long either) I could have bought a gt500 or saved tons of money and bought a terminator and had money after to put down on a new home lol...

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I would have waited it out a bit longer and grabbed a BOSS

Bingo.

Not because I dislike my 5.0, but more so because hindsight is 20/20. If I hadn't bought my 5.0, I'd probably have a Boss right now. I can afford the Boss, but I'm too practical to get rid of my current car to get one.

As far as the auto is concerned, I've had no problems with mine.

InKogNigRow

Established Member
Lets here what you replaced an how fast yours is big riff? A buddy I mine goes 9.66 @ 144 stock engine stock trans 3.73 with race gas Paxton novi 2200 and a 4000 stall

REPCobra10

Established Member
Honestly, if I could do it all over again, knowing what I know now about the 5.0's, I'd have ordered my car with an automatic instead of the MT82...

Bmr4life

Established Member
Nope. If I had the extra $10-15K, I'd but a used CTS-V over a new GT. If I didn't have it, I'd wait and save up until I did.

Baysixx

Established Member
My '13 is a very fun car to DD especially with just a few bolt ons it really enhanced the driving quality and fun factor

1930ford

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone, I pulled the trigger and picked up a 13 A6 today, premium, sterling grey. Heading to the track in a few. 1 pass with less than 60 miles !

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I love banging shifts. However, had I known the autos were going to be so fast, I would have gotten an auto from the start and gone with a blower.

Mike

bigriff85

Established Member
Inkogkneegrow, How long he lasts is the real question I've seen plenty of 5.0's run your buddy's 9 sec glory pass and pop shortly thereafter he's on thin ice anyone here will agree since these things pop on cold airs and tunes and any of the high performance shops build their motors ...9s and stock blocks will not last hope he's prepared for a new motor! I've had a procharger, turbo, magnacharger and probably a paxton when it's all said and done I've got the 9.5:1 aluminator now and McLeod twin disc and been 10,60 at 135 a d that was a manual btw...regardless of the misfortunes I would have been just as happy with a gt500 after all the $$ this car had seen it could have had a big kb or whipple and enjoyed it just as much especially since I'm not big on auto cars my car isn't a race car and I like actually driving my car but that's my preference ford did great on the auto trans...the motor durability not as much

1930ford

Established Member
Well after 10 passes the new auto car went [email protected], 3840lbs, DA1300ft, Only about .4 slower than the 10 gt500 stock for stock. I sure wasnt easy giving up the GT500 but these auto 5.0s are impressive.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Yes and no, im very cautious about tunes now LOL! VERY!!! If i had someone around me that i trusted i would do lots of crap but in Lafayette Louisiana AED inst down the road and that’s a big factor in what I do to my vehicles. I guess i learned the expensive way that things will last done the correct way with proper people involved.

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
After thinking about it and where I am in my life just turned 25yrs old and saving to buy a house in 2-3 yrs I would say no. DOnt get me wrong I love my mustang but as DD and manual its annoying when Im stuck in the morning traffic and when I have to drive it in the snow.

What I should have done is buy a new 4 door pick up or new jeep grand cherokee and buy a low mileage 03-04 cobra. Ive always loved cobra's and that they are low production numbers and not just another mustang GT driving buy.

But when I saw my mustang I had to buy it impulse buy :/

Users who are viewing this thread