Would you do it again ?

1930ford

Established Member
Thinking about trading my 2010 gt500 for a 2013 5.0 auto. Im tired of the stick and have knee problems to boot. Love my gt500 but I dont drive it much because its to nice of a car to daily drive in my op. So the quetion for the 5.0 owners on here, would you buy another 5.0 after knowing what you know now ?

alex12gt

Established Member
Had a 2011 and now a 12.....love um and if you still want the power slap a roushcharger or whipple on it

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
of course but if i had the money i'd buy a 2011 or 2012 gt-500 1st just for the simple fact its factory supercharged. With the gt-500 your a couple of mods away from 650 hp!!!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Yes sir! I know were your coming from with the stick dilema. My 2012 brembo gt is my only car and the older i get the more I'm getting tired of shifting every day I to have bad knees I actually just had surgery on my right one a couple months ago and still need to eventually get the acl taken care of on my left. I also know that if I had the auto I'd wish I ha. d the stick and having the stick I wish I had the auto. It's just like how i complain in the winter about how cold it is and then turn around and complain about how hot it is in the summer lol.. if you go with the 13 auto get a white CS. Take a look at 04 sleepers car on this site and you will know why I recommend that car. Good luck bro.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Yes, but what I know now about the 6r80 and if I owned a 2010 gt500, I would just swap an auto into it.

whatwhine

Established Member
To do again.........I may go auto. I envy the auto cars capability. But if it was between 10 gt500 and a 13 gt auto...... I'd stay gt500. For u with knee issues and wanting to go auto, it may b worth it to look into an auto swap.

My .02

naeem5oh

Established Member
have a 12, would definitely get a 13 if i had the chance and im one of "those" who is looking forward to the 2015s

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I sold my 07GT500 and bought a 13GTCS A6 in white and absolutely love it! Its just a fast as my 07 stock for stock, but I have already tuned it and it really screams. You wont be disappointed.

ytebu7an.jpg

04 sleeper and I have the same car and both live in DFW...
ytagudy8.jpg

casper gt

Established Member
knowing what I know now, I wish I had bought 2.

I wouldn't personally get a 13' though, they have some interesting auto trans improvements & recarros but not being able to get a stripper anymore kinda sucks.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
If I knew what I know, I would have bought one with a cloth interior from the US... And saved a shit ton of $$ my brembo HID 3.73 premium shaker 1k car cost me 42k up here tax in, sticker was 43,8xx, we get bent over in canada

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
in a second. i flip flop on the A6, i love my MT82 and have ZERO, i repeat ZERO issues with it. its just nuts how quick the A6 cars are with basic mods. in reality there arent any faster than the M6, but just easier to go fast in.

my brother in law has an A6 13, and its fun to drive as well.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
the only thing i would do different is instead of kona blue i would have gotten silver. i had back surgery and it is near impossible to keep clean. and i would have gotten the blower i wanted instaed of a daily car. i dont drive it near as much as i should.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
I love my 2013 GT as a daily driver and the A6 is pretty dang impressive right out the box. Drive one and see what you think. That's really the only way you'll see if you like it or not coming from a Shelby. Everyone's impressions are different. I think its hard to compare cause I own both and its like comparing apples to oranges really. But I can tell you, the A6 5.0 is REALLY nice and bang for the buck a CRAZY deal.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Thinking about it a bit over the last couple of years, for what I spent on my loaded GT/CS, I could have spent the same on a Roush Stage 1 almost, or for around $5k-6k more I could have got an '11 Boss.

attz0r

On a quest
Established Member
I would as long as I could get it for 26k and get 0% interest again. And I wish I could of gotten the premium steering wheel on my base. Maybe brembos too.

kingnut

Established Member
If your having knee problems it sounds like a no brainer. Some of the happiest guys on this site are the ricky bobby "I WANNA GO FAST!!" A6 guys. Then they throw blowers on them and holy balls it a new car. Auto 5.0 is a beast.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
One of the main reasons for buying my car WAS the auto. :rockon:

So yes, I would choose the same again.

Users who are viewing this thread