Would you do it or not? And why?

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Running meth while staying N/A. Yes? No? Looking at doing a built motor and wondering if I wanna add meth to the equation or not.

Thanks guys

alex12gt

Established Member
Have yet to see meth on a na motor but the increased temps arnt there so the only thing you really gain is oct.....so id say e85 is a better bet

alex12gt

Established Member
Yeah ill need new inj (47s now) but wana make 750ish.....and not sure on comp ratio,inj,meth or e85.....run a cam to make up if i drop compression ratio...and i ktinda wana stick with my 2.3 lol

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Id be more afraid of a road trip and no e85 avail.

run an e85 tune and a 93 octane tune. Gas runs low just reflash the car.

Meth has never really provided any proven gains n/a unless it's an extreme setup. It's not worth the hassle of a complete retune/dyno tune vs running e85.

RSKtakR

Established Member
start watching at 8:20...

PowerBlockTV - Video

33hp GAIN on 93 pump NA vs c-16 NA with no methanol injection. When I was thinking about running E85 in my car because it was cheaper people kept saying "oh there is no reason to run in your NA car", "you will see no gains".. I beg to differ. :pop:

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Make the switch to E85 if you're digging for horsepower. If you are worried about dropping a few MPG to pick up a few ponies be cautious. The gains to be had with E85 on a near stock NA motor are not what you are going to see on a blown set up and you will drop a few MPG. If you aren't worried about fuel consumption get on the corn train!

RSKtakR

Established Member
I agree to running the corn as well. I ran it on my modded 2011 and LOVED it, not to mention with the correct bolt ons ran GREAT.

RSKtakR

Established Member
how much power did it pick up?

I never dynoed it.. but with just the E85 a tune,a drop in K&N, and sticky tires I ran 12.2@114.. after some bolt ons I was pulling away from modded 11 sec gt's I would GUESS and say 20whp.. I saw an 11' GT with full exhaust with o/r x pipe, stall, CAI, tune, and gears gain 33whp from JUST E85 and the E85 tune.

Chances50

Established Member
very nice! Im selling my Mach and going to go after an A6 11/12. would like to see 430+hp and run solid 11.50's.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
start watching at 8:20...

PowerBlockTV - Video

33hp GAIN on 93 pump NA vs c-16 NA with no methanol injection. When I was thinking about running E85 in my car because it was cheaper people kept saying "oh there is no reason to run in your NA car", "you will see no gains".. I beg to differ. :pop:

Huh that's pretty cool. It would be a different setup that a lot of people wouldn't have in an N/A car that's for sure! If I could grab another 30 HP, I would do this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread