Would you pay this much for a Sonic 88K 03?

gmantheman

Established Member
92025 is the zip. Thanks for the replies. I will see if they will go lower or I will keep looking. The KBB retail price is just over 19K.

gmantheman

Established Member
THIS ^

That car looks pretty stock and not abused. I would pick a 88K mile car that was taken care of over a 40k mile car that had the shit beat out of it. I'd tell em you'll take it for 16k and im sure they will work with you.

I'd also check out the cars on here too bro. There are some sweet deals sometimes. GL!!

I assume these cars can take a lot of abuse. I have nearly 94K miles on my 06 Mustang and I have over 30 passes on it at the strip. The car still runs fine.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Well, with no under-hood shots, that car looks completely factory stock. right down to the Stereo! Factory chrome wheels are nice. By the way, the Floor Mats are missing.

Some things to look for on the convertible. IF the previous owner was a top-down nut (like myself), you want to check around the bottom corners of the back window and look for tears / holes starting. Holes can also start as "pinholes" down lower (further down from the bottom window corners). To check these, put the top up/down about half way and lift the flap area near the back window.

Also, crawl into the back seat and look behind / underneath the headliner "flaps" just behind the side windows. These areas rub when the top is put up/down, and will get a "thin" look to them over time.

One more thing with the top; with the top up, on the outside, look for areas that have a look to them like someone tried to cut them. Where the top gets pinched by the frames as it goes up and down, it will start to have a worn look to it. Mine has a 3" line just above the drivers seat where it gets pinched (or something). It looks like someone took somethign dull and tried to slash the roof.

Just thought I would pass those things along. I know it never rains in sunny California, but leaks are still a bitch when they happen!

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I paid $17,200 for my 88,XXX mile 03 Sonic Blue Cobra in April 2010. It was high, but it was EXACTLY what I wanted, so I didn't bother searching any further. It was probably more like a $16k or so car at the time.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
dont let milage get to you ... making sure the car was kept up is more important
[/url]

Thank you. Everyone is so worried about the mileage and that you can get one with half the miles for the same price. I'd rather have the one with double the miles well cared for than one that has half the miles and the piss beaten out of it.

gmantheman

Established Member
Thank you. Everyone is so worried about the mileage and that you can get one with half the miles for the same price. I'd rather have the one with double the miles well cared for than one that has half the miles and the piss beaten out of it.

That's true. As long as maintainence scheduled was followed and wasn't abused too much, then it should be okay. Like I said, my car has 94K miles and over 30 track run it runs perfect.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes, and everyone seems to talk about what kbb says, which really doesn't mean anything either, imo. When I sold cars I'd hear that all the time from customers. Market value and kbb are completely different.

Also cars that have been beaten to death won't always show up easily as well.

Last edited:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Last edited:

gmantheman

Established Member

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Oh man scratch the other ones.I just glanced at the add but see what you think.
2003 Ford Mustang COBRA Convertible 2D, V8 4.6L Supercharged,

You could also do this one.Says 196 miles from you.Heres the deal sometimes you gotta drive for a deal.
This is my pic from what i can tell and if everything checks out.
2003 mustang cobra

DUDE!! These are great deals IMO. I wouldn't shuffle my feet to long on these ones. When it comes time to buy the cobra YOU WANT, be sure to look the car over very well and for the love of god test drive it. Also make sure you like the color and the actual car itself... don't let us fools pressure you into buying one of these junk ass cobras we all have hahah

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
hahahah. Who doesnt return their car back to stock condition before they trade it into a dealer? That is how you get the most money for your trade in (that you get raped on) and make back cash on the parts you bought. Not all Terminator owners baby their cars and take care of them. A lot of WOT pulls and missed shifts happen in 88k miles. There are posts from new Cobra owners every few weeks on this board about a car they just bought from a dealer that is now throwing codes or having "funny" issues. DO NOT purhcase any terminator without getting a compression test on the motor. Remember the previous owner bought the car with the same intention we all did, which was to go fast Ricky Bobby.

Good luck with your purchase though

Users who are viewing this thread