Would you trade a 2011 Coyote for a 1st gen Viper?

allicedout

Established Member
I have an opportunity to trade my 2011 Mustang with 50,000km for a 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 with 64,000km's. The dealer is offering me fantastic money on trade and the Viper would cost me few grand. I know the Viper is a no frills car and not a daily driver. I find I drive my Coyote less and less trying to preserve it, but realize it will never appreciate in value. I think the Viper would be a good fit for what I'm looking for. I'd love to hear you opinions. Thanks!

q6543

Established Member
If you like going fast your coyote smokes that viper 10 out of 10.

if you want to meet new broke guys that live in their moms basement....the viper is a no brainer.
Also if your 5' 7 or shorter, the viper is a slam dunk!

And..NO.

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Viper will attract more attention. Other than that, I'd keep the coyote

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
hell no. 1st gen vipers are junk. for a 96-98 GTS yes, but not a 94 RT. no, hell no. nah. no way.

vortecd

Established Member
Bottom line is you need to buy what makes you happy. If you like the Viper then go for it.

About 13 years ago I was looking for a GTS. I was going to sell my 2 Mustangs and get one. A friend of mine showed up with a '97 GTS. After he got one the thrill went away of owning one for me. Glad I didn't buy one

5lho

Established Member
The Viper gen 1 is a bad design, shit handling, unsafe, horrible sounding attempt to produce a supercar on a budget. You are way better off staying where you are and putting a couple grand in mods. There is no appreciable time frame in which Viper1s will be meaningfully collectible and valuable. If you really need two seats, a Corvette is a way better choice.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you like getting skin grafts on your legs. Getting out of a 1st/2nd gen and the exhaust flows under the door. Don't let the plastic on the 2nd gens fool you, one wrong move getting out wearing shorts and you'll just smell the hair on the back of your legs incinerate before the pain kicks in. If you get rid of the cats it helps but it's still just and odd firing v10 pulled from a truck that is nearly impossible to get to sound allright. I haven't heard one that sounds really good, most sound like a TREX with blue balls, just ugly and mean.
If I'm going to worry about burning my legs it'll be in a kit Cobra. They are making them with Coyotes in them now too, and they look like they were made for them.
It's no 427 SO, but it's it's much cheaper and more practical.
2013-01-26-10.28.jpg

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Op should recreate this thread on a gen 1 viper forum and have everyone pushing him into trading the viper for a 5.0

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Is it the one from the t.v. show "VIPER"?
If so, that car transforms from a gen 1 to a silver gts with a push of a button, not to mention some fancy machine guns built into the hood.
I might consider that trade.

Users who are viewing this thread